Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: My low-level SNG quiz

Agreed. Well, not by miles, but that's pushable, and 87s isn't.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:34 PM

1) Fold
2) Limp
3) Fold
4) Fold
5) Push
6) Push
7) Push
8) Need to know SB status
9) Fold
10) Fold
Old 06-15-2005, 08:56 PM

1. Fold
2. Fold
3. Fold
4. Fold
5. Push
6. Fold
7. Push
8. Fold
9. Fold
10.Fold

I do not play at Stars with the larger starting stacks, so this is what I would do at Party. Having said that, there are one or two spots I would limp instead of folding in the early levels if I were at Stars.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Just no.

Ax and Kx are HELLUVA lot better than 87s here, and you really need to see that. Just look at HU matchups when the range widens, and you'll be surprised how bad 87s is against those.

Also, getting called here sucks. You really don't need to be called, and you will get called. The more hands you're called with, the worse.

Pushing 87s on a tight range is hard here. Pushing 87s on a loose range is stupid.

Suited Connectors = HORRIBLE in push/fold situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, I've made two posts here and I never said push in either of them.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:43 PM

1.fold
2.limp
3.call
4.fold
5.push
6.fold
7.push
8.fold
9.fold
10.fold

posting blind, hope I scored 50%
Old 06-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Posting blind.

1. fold - I respect a solid utg raiser in level 1, and AQo is dominated or a slight underdog in this situation. We also have terrible position, and we have to consider looseness of BB, as calling gives him good odds to play a lot of hands.

2. call - I might fold at a super aggro table, but at 10/20 and deeper stackes, I think I play any pair here.

3. fold - I'm not risking my whole stack, even against a wide range of hands from villain with JJ in this situation. I'm folding all but QQ-AA here.

4. call - But this depends a lot on SB. Is he willing to give up his stack on the flop or later with top pair or 2nd pair, etc. I think I play this for implied odds, but I'm not sure if it's correct in a SNG.

5. push - We have < 6 BB, and we need these blinds. Blinds will have a pretty tight range here, and pushing is clearly +EV (after hours working with Eastbay's tool it becomes more clear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

6. Fold - and wait for a better hand. Position sucks to be pushing a hand that never wants a call in this situation. I wait and try to steal in the blinds or button.

7. Push - Tons of folding equity, I push with any 2 here. Blinds each have less than half our stack, so even losing is n't disastrous.

8. Fold - With SB's decent stack still to act, I'm pretty worried since SB might open up his calling standards here if he suspects a steal. Also, BB is probably calling/pushing any 2 here, so I'd rather let SB go to war with him or let the bubble stay alive. I have the most difficulty with this problem though, and I suspect I could be way off here.

9. Fold - On of these players is getting eliminated here except for a rare split, seems like an easy fold with our crappy stack.

10. Fold - He's either playing back or has something. I think I wait and push most of the time on the next hand to steal. I'd think I need atleast AT or 77 to call this.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:33 AM

Yours was the last post. Heh. I was just making the point that getting called by 33 is not the end of the world, but not desirable at all. It's not about being a favorite, it's about picking up chips for free.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:36 AM

1. FOLD
2. CALL
3. FOLD
4. FOLD
5. RAISE (PUSH)
6.PUSH
7. PUSH
8. PUSH
9. CALL
10. FOLD
Old 06-17-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: My answers

I disagree with some of these answers UMTerp. Mainly the 87s and I think number 7 or 8...the one with shortstack in SB.