Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Big time fundamental errors (your action?)

Hand 1: Fold. You don't have any clean outs that will insure you're ahead and you're behind in this hand the majority of the time a raise like this is thrown in. What hands are you ahead of? Any spade kills your hand. A straight card kills your hand. Fold now. I might come over the top PF but that all depends.

Hand 2: I pot the flop and see what happens. Slow down w/ multiple callers. If it gets HU, then I'll just try to extract a decent size bet w/o getting the pot size too big. Use pot control here.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Big time fundamental errors (your action?)

THanks for the reply, we all have a lot to learn. Being OOP does suck, especially with a scary board. Maybe its a hand you check/fold with, depends on your opponents. It almost sounds like you are going through one of those "I cant do anything right" phases. If so, take your time, no need to rush things. While it may hurt your ego, an option would be to drop a little in limits. This should help you evaluate your game more cheaply than the limits you are at now. If poker isnt fun for you, dont bother playing it. I think we all go through these stages, and frankly, not all of us decide we want to keep playing. Dont continue to rack yourself about all this, but take your time and let the game come to you.

Good luck,
JAA