Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: WSOP 1500 PL Report

David Williams strikes again
Old 06-07-2005, 11:56 AM

you are getting 2.2 to 1 on your money, so it is very close.
I may fold since i wouldn't want to get down to the 30x level as I think there is more maneuverability at 40x.
But MLG is probably a very good big stack player, and with this big field I'd say the risk is likely worth it.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:05 PM

1. Making this raise here is pretty standard for me when I have the other players in the hand covered. I don't care if one of them calls preflop because I'll likely take it down with a flop bet.

2. The call is very close, and I thought about it for a while. With a 1400 stack and an aggresive raiser in front of him I just couldn't put him on a range to make me fold getting that price. I ended up calling and saying, "you couldn't have had like 200 more?"
Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 PM

I don't think its a leak as opposed to a skill that I am slowly learning. As for this hand in particular I think it was more important that the guy not think I was c-raising with air, and would therefore make him more inclined to fold a medium strength hand the next time the situation came up. Obviously its completely opponent specific.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its a leak as opposed to a skill that I am slowly learning. As for this hand in particular I think it was more important that the guy not think I was c-raising with air, and would therefore make him more inclined to fold a medium strength hand the next time the situation came up. Obviously its completely opponent specific.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you didn't just show the card to the specific opponent, and all observant players at the table will pick up on you folding an Ace there.

-Scott
Old 06-07-2005, 02:17 PM

I hear what you are saying, and still not convinced it's correct.
I am learning as well.
But if I played your style, and if I had the urge to show, the only show I would make is a look like steal raise that was uncalled w/ AA, KK QQ AK etc., to keep the fear in them from calling and coming over the top.

I doubt that even this is correct and don't advocate it either.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you didn't just show the card to the specific opponent, and all observant players at the table will pick up on you folding an Ace there.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Do you want all these opponents thinking you can make big lay downs, and coming over the top of your steal attempts. A good player will keep putting pressure on you that you don't need with this newfound knowledge. I just don't see anything positive in this show.
We here at the forum know you can play, no need to educate others. Make them pay to learn.