Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Confused with AA hand

No reads. Villain had just sat down.

What do you do on the turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 05-23-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Confused with AA hand

folds to a straight?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:47 PM

Call it down. You will be beat by an unknown holding a straight quite often here, but folding is way too weak and the pot is fairly large.

You might also raise and fold to a 3-bet, but I think calling down is better.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:23 PM

Calls down and folds if it's two cold to him at any time.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:47 PM

I'd call down here, i very much doubt your ahead, but i'd call. I'm going to say that bb will probably call, which will buffer you somewhat.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:48 PM

I think that it is close between calling, raising and maybe even folding. THe upside to calling is that you encourage the guy behind you to call. The other upside is that you will not have to sacrifice a chance at a river chop (if you get 3-bet). The downside of course is that you let the other guy draw cheap if you do have the best of it. If you do decide to raise, I would make it with the intention of not putting another bet into the middle (unless a T or maybe an ace hits). The other upside to raising is that it will be almost impossible for someone to take it to a 3rd bet without having a straight (which you are drawing dead to a chop chop). I can't really fault doing any of the 3 with folding being the worst against an unknown imo. The other two are interesting from a game theory standpoint and I'm not really sure which is better in this case.

Brad
Old 05-23-2005, 11:44 PM

I don't remember what my first instinct was here. I thought about it for 15 secs or so and decided the guy had to have a T or two pair. Maybe my hatred of QT clouded my judgement. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The bad part is I had already picked off 3 bluffers earlier this session. It just seems like every time there's a gut straight on the board and there's more than one other player then somebody has the straight. I think I would have called if it was heads up. If I had been paying better attention though I would have seen that BB had already checked the turn.

Oh well, got it all back on the next hand with a straight (which wouldn't have happened had I called this turn--if you think about it).

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

River: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 3c Ks (one pair, threes).
UTG+2 has 9d 5d (one pair, nines).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 11 BB. </font>