Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-16-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Anybody play these 3 hands differently?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Some might argue that you shouldn't 3-bet the river - but not me. I 3-bet almost every time.

Hand 3: Just call the flop in hand 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the river in hand 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

what about it? he probably has an Ace that paired on the turn, was afraid of a 2 pair, then gets his 3rd on the river and thinx they're goot. nail him! if he has the rivered full house...lucky schmoe, oh well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems completely standard. out of curiosity what made you post these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I admit that I posted these as a little bit of a whine but I mainly wanted to see what everyone thought about the river 3-bets.

After running roughshod over Party all weekend I should have known I was in trouble today when my amazing 20 hand streak of winning with AA was snapped by a single caller with Q6. I can't remember a single bad suck-out all weekend and then today I lose all 3 of these hands to runner runner in a 10 minute span.

I agree the the flop raise was bad in the 3rd hand. I believe it was the very next hand after hand 2 and I wasn't thinking clearly. I also didn't see the 3 flush on the board or I wouldn't have 3-bet the river.

My main concern was the river 3-bets in the first 2 hands. In the past I would have just called the raises because it seemed every time I 3-bet without the nuts I got beat. I'm trying to be more aggressive now so I figured I'd carry it to the river. I was just curious as to whether everyone here would 3-bet or just some and I got my answer. Thanks!

Side note-- It's incredible to me how much your luck can change from one day to the next. I know the cards are random but boy, they sure don't seem like it somedays.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Some might argue that you shouldn't 3-bet the river - but not me. I 3-bet almost every time.

Hand 3: Just call the flop in hand 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the river in hand 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played this fine. You'll see just a naked A most often, rivered boat sometimes but least often. The raise is a solid value.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hands 1 and 3 look overplayed to me. Hand 2 is just bad luck if he makes a boat there imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said. the 1st hand is kinda like krishan's post, but not really b/c he plays back on the turn then cools off; like 2 pair. then on the river, he plays back again; like he filled up. maybe i'm too weak, but i call.

hand 3, flush > straight and villain river-raises you, the aggressor on all previous streets, w/ the river flush draw card, i don't go to the felt w/ it.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:52 PM

I like hand one a lot, it looks like he hit a king, thought it was good, then thought you had something like AA. Then when he hit trips he went nuts figuring it'd be impossible for you to have a flush.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:13 PM

Hand 1. Fine

Hand 2. On flop I might slowplay and do a check/call with intentions of a checkraise on turn. Is that completely off anyine..??

Hand 3. Fine IMHO