Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-12-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Morbidly Depressed

If you are seriously this depressed you should seek professional help. I have a very good friend that I met at work about 2 years ago who used to text message me at random times in the night and he would say things like "I will never forget you" "Don't cry for me when I'm gone" I was very concerned and tried talking to him about it...but he always just said that he was fine, he was just kidding, things like that. About two months ago I got a phonecall while I was down at school that he hung himself. Under no circumstances do I think it is EVER a way out to end your life, and while you are claiming you wouldn't have the guts to do it I still think you should seriously consider talking to a professional, because whether you are just at a rough point in your life or you are clinically depressed they will be able to help you. The saddest part about what happened with my friend was that when his 9 year old brother found him hanging from his bedroom ceiling, my friend had his hands stuck between his neck and the rope. He was trying to free himself, and from what I have heard, it is very common that people who have tried committing suicide to want more than anything to live after they realize what they have just done. I think suicide is a selfish and not thought-out escape. Sorry if I drew this post out too much, especially if you were exaggerating, but I don't find funny to joke about suicide and I truely hope whatever you were so upset about turns out for you.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

Cheer up man. Your life may be dark now but it will brighten up.

Be like the squirrel.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheer up man. Your life may be dark now but it will brighten up.

Be like the squirrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Nice reference. I like it. I'm putting that on now.