Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 04-24-2005, 08:11 PM

Default I made at least one big mistake...

clearly calling the raise and then folding when I actually got one of my cards is a big no-no. Which one was wrong?

no reads

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds
Old 04-24-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: I made at least one big mistake...

[ QUOTE ]
clearly calling the reraise and then folding when I actually got one of my cards is a big no-no. Which one was wrong?

no reads

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this down. UTG is a retard, as he posted. I'm looking him up.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:14 PM

good point, lol... second hand I've posted today and second where I clearly neglected the fact that my villain checked through a post.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:15 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

if you didn't remember you had a T, then that's the only problem. clearly you should be calling the turn. the flop call is fine. it worked out well though, because SB was about to check raise with his trips
Old 04-24-2005, 08:16 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
good point, lol... second hand I've posted today and second where I clearly neglected the fact that my villain checked through a post.

[/ QUOTE ]

seeing who posted when multitabling is tough
Old 04-24-2005, 08:18 PM

I knew the T was mine... really what happened is I tend to call a raise to my bet almost always on the flop (big leak?)... when the T came I reconsidered and decided I was almost certainly up against trips from one of them and was drawing dead
Old 04-24-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew the T was mine... really what happened is I tend to call a raise to my bet almost always on the flop (big leak?)... when the T came I reconsidered and decided I was almost certainly up against trips from one of them and was drawing dead

[/ QUOTE ]

contradictory moves will turn out to be extremely expensive for you. all of your moves should be cohesive, in that if you make an assumption on one street, it should generally hold true on the next street barring new information. in this hand, on the flop you assume you have enough outs to peel. on the turn, you fold one of your 6 pair outs without having learned much new information. basically you admitted you don't have those 6 outs afterall, which means you called on the flop with ~2 outs in backdoor draws.

on the other hand, it's good to always be conscious of the current situation. making a bad flop call, then making a bad turn call is worse than making a bad flop call and a good turn fold. but both are worse than making a good flop call. if you find yourself making contradictory moves like this, it's likely you're not analyzing situations well, because clearly you've made at least one mistake in the hand.

that being said, I think your flop call is fine. I would not fold the turn. if SB check raises, then you can dump. I do not think him calling 2 cold on the flop is enough to warrant folding the turn.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:13 PM

how do you feel about raising the turn and folding to a 3bet to put pressure on sb.