Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: You guys with the sng-program, whats the best move here?

[ QUOTE ]
The entire basis for this question renders the SNG tools obsolete IMHO because all mathematical calculations at this point must take into account the hand range that the other player limped with which we have really no idea what to make of. Given this, it's going to have to be completely about feel in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bunch of nonsense. What the heck do you have feelings about if you have no idea what to make of the limp? If you have no idea what to make of the limp, you have no basis for any "feel", either.

eastbay
Old 04-22-2005, 05:53 AM

Action in front isn't supported until the next release, so the program can't do handle this one yet.

eastbay
Old 04-22-2005, 06:21 AM

I think your best move would be to go back to limit hold'em, or 1/5 stud where you belong.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:39 AM

You don't need the stt program for this. Your range of pushing hands here include the cards with any kind of writing on them. The guy has something like Ks6s. He doesn't have an ace, and I would bet my left leg he doesn't have 2 aces. The type of player that limps in this spot with 2 aces, would have already open limped in previous hands in high blinds. Obviously he didn't do that, considering #1, he still has chips, and #2 you have no read on him. He wants ITM and that is it. Take advantage of these weaknesses, they are all over the place during the bubble, if you occasionally run into a big pair, so be it, trust me, it will be well worth the risk the first time you feel that giddiness when you crack his 2 aces with 72 and then tell him that he outplayed you.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your best move would be to go back to limit hold'em, or 1/5 stud where you belong.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah, dont go there, lol... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't need the stt program for this. Your range of pushing hands here include the cards with any kind of writing on them. The guy has something like Ks6s. He doesn't have an ace, and I would bet my left leg he doesn't have 2 aces. The type of player that limps in this spot with 2 aces, would have already open limped in previous hands in high blinds. Obviously he didn't do that, considering #1, he still has chips, and #2 you have no read on him. He wants ITM and that is it. Take advantage of these weaknesses, they are all over the place during the bubble, if you occasionally run into a big pair, so be it, trust me, it will be well worth the risk the first time you feel that giddiness when you crack his 2 aces with 72 and then tell him that he outplayed you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so push is the answer, ty. I figure he will fold most of the time to make this profitable.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:26 AM

Could you give me a link to find some informations on the sng program you are talking about ? thank you