Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Turn Minbet

Small private tourney on 'Stars yesterday. 16 started, 10 left. I am 2nd in chips with 6480, opponent in this hand has 2130 and appears competent.

Blinds are 75/150, I'm in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Folded to SB who completes, I check.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check check

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet 150, he calls.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets 325, I call.

Comments? Results this evening.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Turn Minbet

Getting 2-1 I have a hard time folding there, so I call.

I can't see myself raising as about 4356 hands beat mine.

The turn min-bet can look like a flush wanting to juice the pot, so I don't hate it.

In this spot I like to bet 200, to show the opponent I took the time to make a certain sized bet and just didn't push a button because he didn't bet and he *may* fold an 8 here, but its not guaranteed.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 02-28-2005, 10:47 PM

Default RESULTS

SB shows 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHIG.

Rationale: when he checks the flop, I don't know whether or not he has the flush, but I know he doesn't have an ace.

When he checks the turn after the K hits, I'm going to bet. I minbet partially because I expect any flush but the nuts to decloak and raise, but more so because he's a thinking player and I know the minbet will look weak. Thus if any non-club scare card hits on the river I expect him to bluff at the pot.

The board pairs 8's and he bets small enough that I don't mind calling even if I'm behind 3/4 of the time (but in this case I doubt it).

If he were to check the river I would have checked behind as I expect I'd only be called by hands that beat me.