Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 03:35 PM

Default please help? rakeback or bonus whoring

Ok, I'm too stupid to figure this out. Am I wasting my time chasing non party bonuses if I'm getting 28% rakeback on Party? Like the most recent pokerroom bonus or the crypto monthly bonuses. Assume that I am playing 3-6 to clear these. How much is the typical bonus worth per hand compared to 28% rakeback. Pleeaaaaase help. Ok, I'm begging now.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: please help? rakeback or bonus whoring

Crypto bonus is better than rakeback at Party.

UB and Absolute bonus are not. Pokerroom is close, but to me better players and worse software would make me rather play at Party.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:47 PM

the typical bonus per raked hand is worth at least 100% to 400% of rakeback equivalent at lower limits which generate up to $1 of rake per pot. this is why bonus whoring exists and continues to thrive for recreational players.

a 3/6 game will typically generate $2 in rake per hand of which each player is attributed for at least 20 cents of gross revenue (33 cents if 6-max). these hands would generate rakeback between 5-6 cents each. but since most bonuses pay between 10-20 cents per raked hand, the rakeback value for you is worth between 50% and 100% vs. 28%.

IMO it would still be useful to chase bonus opportunities as they arise, and then you can always fall back on your 28% once you've cleared them. Once you play at levels where the pot is routinely raked the maximum $3 (rakeback value 12-13 cents at 6-max), then bonus whoring becomes a toss up, especially if your rackbacked site makes you more money in actual BB/100 play.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:59 PM

Thank you so muchfor your help. Sounds like I am not at all wasting my time chasing bonuses, and will continue to do so until I'm multi'ing 5-10 or 10-20 6 max.