Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: AA River Decision against TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But If your read was strong enough that this guy was solid, folding to a c/r might show a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villain will call with KK and checkraise QQ; that also introduces the possibility of folding to a river checkraise, which makes this a much more profitable value bet.

Rob
Old 02-19-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But If your read was strong enough that this guy was solid, folding to a c/r might show a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villain will call with KK and checkraise QQ; that also introduces the possibility of folding to a river checkraise, which makes this a much more profitable value bet.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, we're both posting too fast. Read my above post, we nearly agree. However, I don't think it's a definite thing that he'll call with KK.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:50 PM

I think checking behind here isn't bad. When you're playing against good players you can't value bet nearly as much. I may be completely wrong in throwing out betting in this spot. Also, as Entity pointed out there is a real possibility of A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here since the first raise came from the CO. That puts more hands in the we beat column. If the read is solid enough on this guy that he's a good TAG, I think folding to a c/r here isn't out of the question. If you can do that, then you'd show a profit if you knew he only could have KK or QQ here since theres 6 ways of KK where you win 1 bet and 3 ways of QQ where you get c/r'ed and lose 1 bet. The only other real significant hands this guy could have is probably the AJ clubs.

I still think checking is ok, but I just really want to argue my point. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, we're both posting too fast. Read my above post, we nearly agree. However, I don't think it's a definite thing that he'll call with KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, fun post... I always like hands against good players because it becomes a more detailed thought process. Anyways, in what will be a 14BB pot I don't see a lot of us being able to fold KK for 1 bet here.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the input. I'm glad to see the decision wasn't a no brainer. At the time, I was playing multiple tables and didn't want to fold to a bluff CR (no matter how slim the possibility) so I checked.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results
Hero has Ad Ah (one pair, aces).
SB has Qh Qc (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 16 BB.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:56 PM

A chop is another possibility. But that doesn't really matter.

I agree it's KK or QQ. I think the fact that he checked the river makes KK much more likely. Keep in mind that he doesn't know if you hold AA and if he holds QQ he should be very concerned that you would check the river because KK would almost always check and AA might also.

I can't really see KK or AA check/raising either so I won't argue with anyone saying bet and fold to a raise. But even if you call a raise I think the fact that he checked the river makes this a pretty good bet.

Also, he probably considers that you could have JJ and would raise the river. I really don't see QQ trying to check/raise here. I think it's a pretty bad play on their part if they do.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Results

For reasons stated in my other post I think your opponent's river check was horrible.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
For reasons stated in my other post I think your opponent's river check was horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately... Lets change things around a bit and say hero was out of position. Do you agree that hero should still be out. I think if hero checks, villian probably only bets with hands that beat us whereas he may call with hands we beat. Agree?