Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 02-17-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Flush draw on double paired board

I felt really lost many times throughout this hand and probably made several mistakes. I didn't have a lot of hands on villians but UTG and button seemed to be typical nano-limit players so far. They had shown down junk on more than one occasion but they didn't seem to be that aggressive...

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

In hindsight I'm not too sure about coldcalling the first time around. I'm only getting about 9:1 and even if I give myself 5 outs I'm open to redraws to full houses if someone has a king which I have no reason to think otherwise at this point. I probably should have thrown it away here but at the time I guess I thought my odds were a little better...

Turn: (12.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG calls.

Great, I have a glimmer of hope with a spade and it just happens to pair the board. Given my assumption that someone had a king on the flop I'm now drawing to just a straight flush and I'm not getting anywhere near the odds to chase that which makes my first call very odd. I really don't remember why I called that but it's clear that my flush outs have practically no value right now. When it's two more back to me I really have no choice but to run. Probably what I should have done at a few points in this hand already.

River: (21.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 24.20 BB
Old 02-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Flush draw on double paired board

I don't like the call pre-flop. I don't like the call on the flop. Board is paired, outs go down...you only have 5 in the first place. Getting 9-1 with a pair on board I muck everytime.
Good fold on the turn. Looked like alot of chip spewing, IMO.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:34 PM

I completely agree. Never should have been in the hand in the first place. I've read that if you cold call only three or four times per session you're cold calling too much.

Wang tang ting tong I am the Japanese sandman, take eight.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:52 PM

I fold this pf unless UTG is LAGGY in which case i raise it. I defintely fold the turn first time through.

The flop is the toughest part to me. The pot is HUGE but I probably let is go considering the flop will likely be capped and this hand will often be taken down by a boat.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:01 PM

i would fold preflop, and you should to. overplaying suited connects like this will cost you some money long term. just cuz its a pretty hand doesnt mean you have to play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

folding the flop is the best move here, especially with the paired board.

the turn is worse [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]