Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: How did you get to where you currently are?

cero, the best part of your post was when you married your girlfriend.

actually the whole thing was great, but I'm always happy when things work out.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:42 PM

let's see... not much of a story to tell. played poker in high school with some friends... we played nl texas holdem junior year and became pretty addicted to it by senior year - literally every chance we could get. we used to play at lunch time in the cafeteria .25/.50 c blinds, writing down in the margins of a piece of notebook paper who owed each other what. i thought i was the greatest thing to happen to poker until i visited the game of this one kid in HS who was a known hustler. i thought i was better but the whole time i thought i was being cheated and kept trying to prove it. anyway stupid to play there, dropped 50 bucks, emotionally not so good.

in college i sort of dropped poker until junior year when i found the "big game" at my school which was 1/1 nl. it sort of plays bigger than that but not much but yeah that's where supposedly the high rollers went, heh. played there at the end of my junior year a bit and was pretty much a fish. friends from the game told me about 2+2. i became fascinated and started reading.

dropped poker over the summer but then picked it up again in the fall. became addicted. reading 2+2 all the time, going to foxwoods to play 1/2nl. second semester started keeping a real bankroll, started playing 5/5 at foxwoods. never anywhere else, still underage. online - worked my way up from .5/1 to 1/2, 2/4 up to 10/20 all very quickly (i am very conservative bankroll-wise so "very quickly" means i had 25 buy ins but maybe didn't feel comfortable).

ijust graduated and this summer i played a lot and doubled my bankroll. i'm not really interested in playing for a living and being rich doesn't really excite me all that much. i'm doing research for a year and next year working full time (60 hr week kinda deal) before going to school. professional poker nowhere in my plans but i hope to always keep it as a hobby, and i'm looking to focus on live, whether cash games or tournaments. there's less money due to time restrictions but for me it's infinitely more fun. right now i'm also working on becoming a more versatile player, studying other games besides nl holdem.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:15 PM

I started at $25nl on party, i almost busted a few times, but a few good books and some help from fellow wannabys i have won my way up to $2000nl online... not real sure where to go from here...
Old 10-15-2005, 01:41 PM

mixing it up once in a while makes it much more fun

also, its easier to play >4 tables of limit, whereas its pretty tough to do at 6max NL