Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: is there a way to get rakeback on party?

[ QUOTE ]
Right, so how they've enabled it again? That's what i'm confused about. And if so... doesnt this piss off their affliates some more that they're allowing tracking? I guess I can answer that question just by reading the forum to the link you sent me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an affiliate, so I don't know whether or not they're allowing it again. The bigger question is whether or not they will shut it off again when the crybabies start making noise.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Thinking about it carefully, rakeback shouldn't even really hurt non-rakeback affiliates. Anyone willing to sign up with an affiliate that does not offer rakeback must not be aware of rakeback. Players aware of rakeback won't sign up with them anyway. So whether or not rakeback is available is irrelevant to their bottom line...

Also, 2nd to party, which site would you say offers the worst players? Couldn't we, as a community, threaten to move all of our collective action to pokerstars unless rakeback is provided? How bad would it be to actually all move away from party? Are all the other sites really that lacking in the fish department?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:14 PM

It does affect them because players unaware about rakeback eventually become aware about it if they are serious about their play. When I started at party poker it didn't take me long to find out about rakeback so then I left and stop playing at party and played under a rakeback affiliate.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:24 PM

By the time this happens they have been compensated more than enough.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:29 PM

It may be an unpopular opinion on here, however these non-rakeback affiliates are the ones that actually bring new players to party, rakeback affiliates bring hardly any new users to the site. Only situations I can think of is when a player would play somewhere else unless they had rakeback, or because they see a high % on a site they haven't heard of and decide to try it out.

EDIT TO ADD: I don't think rakeback affiliates take that much away from non-rakeback affiliates (most/all high volume players are not going to sign up through a non-RB affiliate), and they have no reason to complain about it. however I wouldn't call non-rb affiliates 'leeches', and I don't think there is anything wrong that they get the whole share of the players lifetime MGR. Party says they will pay a % to affiliates who bring new players to the site, party is happy to pay this and I don't see whats wrong with the affiliates taking all of that. on the same note, I see no problem in rakeback affiliates who get players by passing a % of this on to their players. If party wants to stop this, simply pay affilates a single one of payment for each new account.

sorry for flying off on a tangent.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may be an unpopular opinion on here, however these non-rakeback affiliates are the ones that actually bring new players to party, rakeback affiliates bring hardly any new users to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree. However, a high percentage of those new players end up playing little, if any poker. A lot of the guys playing for RB play hundreds of thousands of hands per year.

I'm still sickened by the fact that those affiliates feel like they're owed a lifetime entitlement to keep 100% of a player's MGR rebate for life, without returning any of it back to the player.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:58 PM

I am a tiny Party affiliate (I have 2 friends signed up with me so far) and I have been able to see individual trackers for at least 2 months.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a tiny Party affiliate (I have 2 friends signed up with me so far) and I have been able to see individual trackers for at least 2 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people have.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, the bigger question is whether or not Party will keep them visible when the whining from the non-rakeback affiliates starts to escalate again.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Well the smaller question for me is if it's been viewable for this whole time why were people saying they weren't. Why were the people on the affiliate forum rejoycing over the end of rakeback if nothing changed? It would make more sense if someone just clarified whether or not party made it unviweable for a certain amount of time and brought it back or not. I've heard from people that it's always been viewable and from others that the rakeback ended a while back when party stopped making individual rake viewable/trackable.