Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Arrange this table for ideal position

Say you have the following lineup at your table:

2 LP (40 VP$P, 7 pfr)
2 TAG (23/16)
1 LAG (35/25)

If you could arrange the table so that you'd be in the ideal position, what would that arrangement be?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Arrange this table for ideal position

I'll be honest; I probably wouldn't play at that table. Doesn't look like much of a lineup to me. If forced to, I'd have the two TAGs on my left, the two LP's on my right, and the LAG acting after the TAGs.

Rob
Old 10-05-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be honest; I probably wouldn't play at that table. Doesn't look like much of a lineup to me. If forced to, I'd have the two TAGs on my left, the two LP's on my right, and the LAG acting after the TAGs.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Same all the way through.

Krishan - 111
Old 10-05-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you typically look for when your picking a table? What's wrong with this lineup, the fact that you are 1 of 3 tags at the table?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I'd have no problems playing at this table.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate why you would want the LAG acting before the LPs?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well you dont want him on your left. and you dont want him between you and the loose passives because then he will be the one isolating them. so the only leaves one option. also, having the loose passives act after him will force his actions to be more honest because he knows they arent going anywhere. oh and when you are in the small blind you can CR the lag, trapping the loose passives.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be honest; I probably wouldn't play at that table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? This seems like an average decent 10/20 table, although the LAG is usually looser; one LP might be looser as well. If you regularly sit at tables with fewer TAGs and more LPs I probably need to work on my game selection.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well you dont want him on your left. and you dont want him between you and the loose passives because then he will be the one isolating them. so the only leaves one option. also, having the loose passives act after him will force his actions to be more honest because he knows they arent going anywhere. oh and when you are in the small blind you can CR the lag, trapping the loose passives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is very helpful. I've been lax about thinking about seat selection. I knew it made sense to have tighter players to my left, and looser players to my right, but I was getting confused beyond that.

But one thing I wonder about. You said we don't want the LAG following the LP because then he gets to be the one isolating them. Yet, if we know that is occurring, couldn't we take advantage by raising the LAG whenever he tried to isolate? Or does that just involve too much guessing to be sensible?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:01 PM

To my immediate left I would want the two TAGs, to their left the LAG and to my right the two loose passive players. This way it will be harder for the aggressive players to steal my big blind with the passive players in between us. I also have position on the players who are most likely to be in the pot with me, the loose players.