Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 02:17 PM

Default 5/5 Hand

8 handed home game, a couple LAGs, Villain is one of the better players and well respected, as am I.

Hero ~$500
Villain - has me covered

Hero dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, fold, fold, Hero calls $5, CO folds, button folds, blinds check.

FLOP($25): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet a quarter, only Villain calls in the SB. He could have just about anything here, from a flush or set to the naked K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

TURN ($75): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero checks.

RIVER ($75) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets $100 quickly and aggressively. I call.

Thoughts and/or criticism?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: 5/5 Hand

I'd have folded preflop.

I think you are overestimating your opponent. He just check/called the flop with 3 people left to act. You seriously think he has a flush?

Turn check good. I think I'd probably call on the river. It doesn't feel right but you still have a good hand. How do you interpret villain's overbet? Looks like he has a winner and is trying to extract as much value as he can - by making it look like a bluff. If I was at the table I might fold.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:23 PM

I don't like the turn check. I'd bet.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:39 PM

How is he calling you on the turn with anything you beat? What if you just compromised your ability to fill up against a lower boat? What if you're raised? Then you feel like a dummy, you could have checked and drawn to a queen for his whole stack.