Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage

Meh, calm down, the lot of you.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I forgot you were there too

[/ QUOTE ]
sweet, a disillusioned pro gets reprimanded for being rude and starts making more incorrect generalizations. Good work, Paul. BTW, your inferring sarcasm has no bearing on what happened. I was trying to be nice myself without calling you other inappropriate names. I just said what everyone else was thinking, but I couldn't care less if you don't like me. Would it matter if I ever played a hand of poker in my life? No. You're still being retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so sorry I didn't have time to consult with you on how to exist in the universe

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, saying good luck to a fellow poker player would change his existence in the universe and blow his mind. Better stick to berating and putting down everyone you see.

[ QUOTE ]
I hear you teach such wonderful classes

[/ QUOTE ]
again, your sarcasm, while confusingly unrelated, still has no bearing on the situation. Perhaps you should use your winnings to pay a speech writer.

Paul, I was seriously just trying to remind you that your comments to the other player were unnecessary, as was your response to him and to me. You went on the defensive so quick it tells me either you have to defend yourself constantly or your personality is that of a short temper. I don't really care that you go to every low-limit table planning on destroying everyone there, and I don't care that you're Paul Philips or just some guy on 2+2. I don't think I'm better than you, in fact I know you are leaps are bounds beyond my skill. But who cares? Is it so hard to shake a guys hand because he thinks highly of your poker skill? I don't think so. Chill out dude. No ones universe is going to change because you converse with them. My new dream is to meet you at the WSOP and get it all-in preflop when we both have aces and I catch a flush. The universe is changing!!
Old 04-03-2005, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the reply Paul. I was unaware that you read and posted on this site.

Its good to know that there was a "method behind your madness". I had been wondering about this strategy long before I had played with you in this game. I usually play in the 1/2 games that are capped at 100 and 200 and have only seen this strategy applied by two players. One a tourist and one a local. Both players always end up have huge stacks.

I wish I could have played longer but I had plans with the girlfriend. When you sat down I gave her a call to delay our plans so that I could try to learn something from your play. Then after my AA hand I figured it was time to get going. I was nice playing with you. Thanks again for the reply.

THE OUTLAW
Old 04-03-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I forgot you were there too. Another expert comes out of the woodwork! For some reason, your post captures everything I hate about 2+2 so perfectly that it has inspired me to stop posting here indefinitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cries*
Old 04-03-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply Paul. I was unaware that you read and posted on this site.

Its good to know that there was a "method behind your madness". I had been wondering about this strategy long before I had played with you in this game. I usually play in the 1/2 games that are capped at 100 and 200 and have only seen this strategy applied by two players. One a tourist and one a local. Both players always end up have huge stacks.

I wish I could have played longer but I had plans with the girlfriend. When you sat down I gave her a call to delay our plans so that I could try to learn something from your play. Then after my AA hand I figured it was time to get going. I was nice playing with you. Thanks again for the reply.

THE OUTLAW

[/ QUOTE ]

Open your mouth, take out PP's balls, go about your meager life.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't sound good-natured to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot you were there too. Another expert comes out of the woodwork! For some reason, your post captures everything I hate about 2+2 so perfectly that it has inspired me to stop posting here indefinitely.

[ QUOTE ]
a simple "thanks" or "good luck to you" would've sufficed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so sorry I didn't have time to consult with you on how to exist in the universe. I've been inept at it so far and I hear you teach such wonderful classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has your social maturation really been retarded to the degree suggested by this post? Do us a favor, stick to your promise not to post here. We already have enough hyper-egotistical posters to go around.

I'd sure like to think this guy is an imposter.

SpaceAce
Old 04-03-2005, 06:49 PM

What was the over/under again on Paul leaving in a huff?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All that said, and Paul I say this with every ounce of due respect because I do admire your talent, I think you could afford to be a little less forward about how badly you intend to crush a low limit game like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously , that is true. The real question is... why choose to play 2-5 NL at Mirage instead of 10-20 NL at Bellagio?

I intend to crush every game. Call it a positive attitude. I don't know exactly what I said that bothered you but I'm sure it was good-natured.

You wouldn't want me to patronize you by pretending I had any other ambition but taking your money. It's a poker game; that's why I'm there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-03-2005, 07:51 PM

Paul Phillips is classless. Very simple.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:53 PM

It's amazing how you end up reeling in every thread you enter. I can' wait for a new post to "defend your actions." What it a few too many Coronas again?