Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 09:15 PM

Default too aggressive? 4way 3/6

I just sat down and have only played a few rounds. My overall impression is that my three opponents are way too passive for a 4-handed game.

I start the hand with 709, BB starts with 326.

I raise to 21 with QJo. BB calls.

pot = $48

Flop
T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet 48, BB calls. I'm ready to shut down unless a nice card comes. At this point, I don't know the table or opponent well enough to know how I can or can't bully him. I don't know how he plays draws, etc.

pot = 144

Turn
(T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet 144. He calls.

This is where I get lost. I decided I don't want to give any cards here, but I'd also like to see a showdown now. What the line? Also, if you think I should bet, do I need to push in this situation? Or is any big bet in this situation -EV?

pot = ~375

River

(T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he calls.

I've been playing some wild lines lately, and I need to know if this hand is overall too fast.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: too aggressive? 4way 3/6

turn bet is fine, you fold to a check-raise anyway. River is interesting if you bet, what hands do you think call the river bet? If he isn't going to call with AT or something, then don't bet.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn bet is fine, you fold to a check-raise anyway. River is interesting if you bet, what hands do you think call the river bet? If he isn't going to call with AT or something, then don't bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put him on a decent T or a busted draw of some kind. I thought that if I stayed aggressive, he might not give me credit and make a "tough" call. Also, I reasoned that if I bet out and was beaten, then it was good advertising that would only cost me another $130.

For me, these marginal heads-up hands OOP are the hardest to play well.

Not that it matters, but he had T9 with no clubs. I was only mildly suprised. I see all kinds of wonky stuff at UB 3/6. Some play is really strong, and some is horrid.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:39 PM

why bet river? i cant possibly see villain calling here. i either push river hoping villain folds a better hand or just check.