Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Cannot open accounts on Party & Empire, It\'s Official

Haven't read some of the posts so sorry if this is redundant. I signed up at pokernow a week and a half ago and then empire for the reload (and first time bonus). I did the registry hack to no avail like everyone else. After that I remembered that eurobet only works if party isn't installed on your computer but will work with other skins. Uninstalled party and everything works dandy.

Maybe what's going on is that their strategy is to start doing this with everyskin. It would be a cheap fix that would save them a lot of bonus dollars. It may be time to quit playing at party and stick with the skins.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Here’s what I had to do!

[ QUOTE ]

So here’s what I did... and it worked.

I created a current image of my hard drive. Then...

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, all i did was install it on my girlfriends computer and do the initial login on there. then i went back to mine and logged in, made deposit, played, profit!

it's only the first time that you login that you have to be on a computer other than one that you've made real money accounts on.

this has worked for me on eurobet, intertops, and multipoker in the last week.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:47 AM

Granny,

I have great respect for you but this time you are the one who is effectively promoting collusion and insecurity.

It is ridiculous to suggest that a player who signs up for two Party sites with the same name, address, phone number, email address, and funding source is doing something wrong. There is no deception here. They know exactly what is happening and they are permitting it. They are also happily collecting the money. This has been going on for years so it's not like it's a big surprise for them.

You explained quite convincingly a few days ago why the strange status quo exists. It's important for their business that people be allowed to use multiple skins, but they don't want everyone doing it. So they created a technical hurdle for people to jump.

Don't tell me it's against the rules because I've read the rules and it isn't there. Nowhere in the fine print does it say that you cannot join site X if you belong to site Y.

Now about my observation that you are the one promoting security problems. Players who honestly sign up for multiple accounts are visible and controllable. Cheating should not be possible using two accounts that are clearly linked. If you succeed in convincing people to keep the workaround secret, all you will accomplish is driving people to create multiple accounts with fictitious information. Inevitably some of those accounts and the skills learned by obtaining them will later be used for collusion and theft.

We are all much safer with multiple accounts being fully documented and transparent to Party.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:05 AM

I believe there is another reason that accounts at different Party skins cannot be against the rules.

It would violate U.S. antitrust law.

Stop laughing. The WTO ruling that U.S. restrictions on offshore gambling are an illegal trade barrier is precious to Party. It's a wedge that may lead to eventual full access to the American market to their enormous benefit.

The last thing in the world Party should be doing is giving the government an airtight excuse to come after them that has nothing to do with gambling laws. The biggest thing online poker has in the U.S. is the courts keeps saying the current laws don't apply and Congress isn't writing new ones that do apply. That has left the Justice Department and friends pretty powerless.

It would be extremely foolish to give the administration a weapon that the courts would have to respect.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Possible explanation

I opened my second Party skin account at Multipoker two weeks ago. I used the exact same information and funding source and there has been no problem. Multi called a few days ago to confirm that my phone number is legitimate. My Party account was not mentioned.

I removed my Party software and did the regedit trick. There were no problems.

There was however a twist that may be significant. I bought a new computer two months ago and have been using it exclusively for poker since then. But I did the new signup using my old computer that I used for my original Party signup and all my earlier play.

The point may be that the Party client on the old machine was obsolete due to disuse. If a new method of "marking" a computer has recently been introduced my computer did not have an opportunity to be marked.

It only makes sense that the regedit trick may be becoming too well known for their taste. Perhaps they have added a new wrinkle.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:43 AM

Default A few new questions...

I'd like to know exactly what triggers the block on the computer now. From what people are describing, it may take as little as merely downloading the software for one of the skins.

For instance, if I download Intertops software and don't like the look of it (ignorant of course of how to re-skin it), or I don't like their lack of BBJ tables, or whatever, and then I decide to go with the original Party skin instead, download that, and try to open a new account with Party, will I be blocked? It seems a little ridiculous that this would be the case, but from what people are describing, it might be.

Hearing that all you need to do is open an account on a "clean" computer, even using your own information, is refreshing. I really do hope that these accounts are allowed to remain open, because it sounds like this is what I'm going to do in order to get accounts at all of the skins.

I also just want to be clear... are people having their accounts closed after opening multiple accounts or are they just having trouble opening them to begin with? I already have accounts at Party and Empire and have received absolutely no trouble from either of them.

It does seem to me that the email received in the original post says that this is just an official statement on the matter, but obviously not their practice for those savvy enough to get around their blocks.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: WTF???

[ QUOTE ]
but your instructions are instructions to break the fukking rules. yeah yeah yeah, it is helpful to some people. I DON'T GIVE A FUK!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny,

Isn't profanity against the rules here at two-plus-two? Isn't that why they censor it?

Nice work around you've found though... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kindly,
EZ
Old 01-16-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: WTF???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but your instructions are instructions to break the fukking rules. yeah yeah yeah, it is helpful to some people. I DON'T GIVE A FUK!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny,

Isn't profanity against the rules here at two-plus-two? Isn't that why they censor it?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is what Granny gets for trying to ignore the circumvent-the-rules-posts. If she read them she would know how to write f[/i]uck just fine.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Related Question

Is it possible to use 2 skins to play more than four tables at the same time?

I 4 table at party. I want to try 6, so i downloaded poker now and registered an acount and that worked just fine. However, after opening one site, it won't let me open the other site from the same computer. Is there a way around this, or do you all you 8 tablers use two different computers side by side?
Old 01-16-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Related Question

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to use 2 skins to play more than four tables at the same time?

I 4 table at party. I want to try 6, so i downloaded poker now and registered an acount and that worked just fine. However, after opening one site, it won't let me open the other site from the same computer. Is there a way around this, or do you all you 8 tablers use two different computers side by side?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. If you could you could have 2 seats at the same table which would be collusion