Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: how much can you make and misc thoughts

I too would like to know what happened to Neverwin. I always read that he is one of the best limit players online.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Babe . ..to TSP and Snake

Well Im sorry to burst your bubble but you and your friends are terrible. The reason why no one makes 100k at the 3060 at the bellagio because all the good players choose to do more lucrative things. Who are these so called prominent pros? Myself and another serious regular in the game have made over 100 an hour over thousands of hours. Am I telling the truth? Yes. Am I good? maybe. It's that the regulars (look in the mirror) are terrible.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:52 AM

"I'm not talking about one year's results. if you made this every year"

youre forgetting that 95% of the posters on here have not played for more than 1 year.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:21 PM

Also to keep in mind that one year is still the short term for someone who plays primarily B&M
Old 01-09-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where can I buy a porsche and a penthouse for 200k (minus a year's living expenses and any spending sprees with the new found wealth)? Please, fill me in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about one year's results. if you made this every year, you could easily be living a very comfortable lifestyle. people with consistent income can take out mortages and finance other assets like expensive cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that's fine. Online poker is a very young phenomenon, so I'm sure that many players who are making a killing right now probably haven't been around long enough to have a porsche and a penthouse purchased solely with online poker winnings.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok that's fine. Online poker is a very young phenomenon

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong again. I first played online around 95 or 96, and I have friends who have made the majority of their poker income online for at least 5 years.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:25 PM

1995? I've been playing online since 2000 and while it wasnt brand new then I find it hard to believe that there was much online action in 1995. I admit that I do not know but I would be surprised if there was any higher limit action 1020+? or enough games to multitable?
Just curious
Old 01-09-2005, 11:38 PM

Sure the action back then was not the same as it is now as far as limits and game selection. But the games were certainly just as good. You just weren't going to find many people multi tabling like they can today. Also getting games over 10-20 was tough then. I think Planet had a 20-40 at the time and Paradise had numerous juicy 10-20's when they first started which I'd suspect is where most would have been able to try and make a living at this back then. But I don't recall there being all that much more in games which one could try to make at least a comfortable living at.

-ActionBob
Old 01-10-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I too would like to know what happened to Neverwin. I always read that he is one of the best limit players online.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
For those of us who don't follow the online poker soap opera, what is the story of neverwin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also going to ask someone to tell me his story because I have watched him on the 100/200 on PS before.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:51 PM

Default The Public Demands a Detailed Account of the Saga of Neverwin

Who is this Neverwin? What, exactly, happened? Please enlighten us! To be referred to by just one name -- like Cher, Madonna, and Jesus -- clearly indicates that this is a story for the ages.