Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Why do I do this?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.33 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.33 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.33 BB

Without a read, easy river fold? Just fold the flop and get it over with? 3-bet the flop? I am losing site of the balance between weak-tight and super ATM machine.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Why do I do this?

You do this because many villians think "hmm, I bet he raised AK. Time to raise my 77." The call down line is fine.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:08 PM

you need some kind of read here.

theres a flush draw on board so he could have that/overs a ten or a set.

he didn't 3bet so i'll discount the big hands and he cold called so i'll assume he's about your average player. given youve never seen him before, calling the turn and folding the river or folding the turn or calling it down could all be correct. without any info i think calling it down is fine, just be sure to make notes. AQhh looks like a possibility, along with any pair of tens that he cold calls with.

Barron
Old 12-04-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need some kind of read here.

theres a flush draw on board so he could have that/overs a ten or a set.

he didn't 3bet so i'll discount the big hands and he cold called so i'll assume he's about your average player. given youve never seen him before, calling the turn and folding the river or folding the turn or calling it down could all be correct. without any info i think calling it down is fine, just be sure to make notes. AQhh looks like a possibility, along with any pair of tens that he cold calls with.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
I had no read on this guy and thus decided his range was wide enough to merit a calldown. I of course felt like a moron when he showed me AA. But at least he played his hand badly too.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:24 PM

If this guy isn't a raising machine with draws, you might consider betting turn after calling flop. This will let you see where you are. In most cases, you can fold to a raise (again, assuming you have enough of a read that he won't raise again with FD).
Old 12-04-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no read on this guy and thus decided his range was wide enough to merit a calldown. I of course felt like a moron when he showed me AA. But at least he played his hand badly too.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think he payed his hand fine perfect and i thik u played fine as well.
on party i never fold this...
Old 12-04-2005, 10:40 PM

cant see folding this. after youve called the turn youre bleeding money by folding the river even after alot of scary cards hit and im definitely not folding the turn. most people who coldcall are going to bet any river card. queen is a scary card but you still have to call i think.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:46 AM

Bet the turn. Fold if raised.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:53 AM

I agree, I think. Though when you're running bad they will always have at least a 10 here and you feel like a total fish. When you're running good, they have a busted draw. Live, stop-go turn and check call river might work, but I think you're too likely to be raised by a draw on the turn to be able to lay down. By the way, I'm getting killed on hands like this lately - just a footnote.

Jeff
Old 12-05-2005, 12:42 PM

Hard to say much without a read, but I don't hate it.