Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Playing small ball

There are very few, if any, good thinking opponents in this game. So mixing things up is not a concern for *this* hand as much as it is for future hands against different opponents who might not be as clowny as these people are.

My opponent claims he would have folded if I made any aggressive action... he is also prone to bluffing the river with a missed draw since I played my hand like it was JJ. But in the long run I need to get some money in the pot because most of these clowns are not folding Kx.

Do any of you ever play a hand super slow like this as a change of speed? I definitely need to make my default speed a little higher. Thanks for all of the responses.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 PM

raise the river... so easy.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
See... that's my problem. I am taking the pot control/stack protection thing too far. I am afraid that my tight image will make people more likely to take shots at me and put me in tough spots when they check-raise semi-bluff the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people that semibluff/bluff (air or inferior K) checkraise turn, and people that don't. It doesnt sound like this guy is the former. Therefore, you can bet and fold if check-raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
My opponent was actually more likely to make his "moves" with hands that had few or zero outs if behind. I had seen move in with TT on a K-high board because he "didn't think the other guy had it" earlier on.

But you are right. Even though he claims he would have folded I am leaving too much money on the table in these spots.

OK, I am done with this now... I apologize for posting so many times on a hand that is so dumb.

-joey