Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Top Two and Lots of Action

Villian is 28/25 3.00 but only over about 150 hands. No reads besides that.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font> Hero...

Whats your plan for the rest of the hand? Is this an easy call down or does anyone put anymore bets in this?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Top Two and Lots of Action

I just call down.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:41 PM

At some point you've got to slow down and think set. When he raises your turn c/r, I think you call down.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:49 PM

The reason I don't c/r the turn is because I want between 1-2 bets going in on the turn, not 3-4. I forget who introduced this concept around here, but I really like thinking of plays that way and using it to help determine my line.

As for the actual hand, I call down, but I really, really think you're against a set. At best you're splitting with AJ, but even that would be nutty, so maybe "best case realistically" is a set of 9s. Not good. Pray for a river A.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:58 PM

So do you like betting into him on the turn or would you rather just call the flop raise and then check raise the turn.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:07 PM

With the flop being capped, I probably bet the turn and call down from there, because I could see a number of hands you beat that might cap the flop, opponent-dependent.

I think the flop 3bet is a must because BB is coming along for the ride.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:20 PM

My plan would have been bet-call on the turn. As it is, call down.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:34 PM

I bet/3bet the turn. The board is draw heavy and villain could have capped for a free card. There are plenty of hands an aggressive villain plays this way that will take a free card on the turn. This gets the maximum number of bets in when you are ahead, as villain may put in one more raise with a strong ace.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My plan would have been bet-call on the turn. As it is, call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet/3bet the turn. The board is draw heavy and villain could have capped for a free card. There are plenty of hands an aggressive villain plays this way that will take a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which of those hands will also raise a turn lead? 3betting seems way out of line to me.