Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: 3 boring hands (I hate multi hand posts too)

[ QUOTE ]

i'm not a fan of the multi hand post so i only read number 1

[/ QUOTE ]

jerk, sounds like my usual reply to multi hand posts [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Fold the turn unless he's a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ] I wouldnt say maniac but he is LAG enough that I think folding the turn here would be a big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 3, if the villian is a very Agg LAG, what are the merits of 3-betting the flop. I've found that a few LAG will let a hand go and respect a flop 3-bet. If capped, I feel I can let it go without a second thought. Good, bad or just plain ugly???
Old 10-14-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like 2 and 3, however i an quite confident that the best line in hand one is to call the turn raise and bet/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I tihnk I might like that. Its definately a line I dont take often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the perfect situation for this is when you have a hand that you feel like must be shown down and you would like 3 or 4 total bets to go in on the turn and river but would hate 2 or 5.

Cartman
Old 10-14-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Fold the turn unless he's a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can he really fold a club here? I don't think his flop play looks like a flush draw so villain could certainly be raising the turn with a club-free pair of Aces couldn't he?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 10-14-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the bet/call in the turn in hand 2. Why can't we check call?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, I guess I didnt want him to take a free card with a bigger club than mine, and thought I could easily stand a raise since I have a pair+flush draw if he has an ace with no club. Also, after my flop bet/3bet, I think if I check I totally give away my intention. Obiviously Im not gonna check/fold, so I really think we would allow him to only put a bet in the times we are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the fact that he raises (and calls your 3-bet) weights in my mind his hands much more heavily towards aces. (This is as opposed to just check raising the flop) It changes the distribution so much that I think check calling might be right on the turn.

Krishan
Old 10-14-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, I guess I didnt want him to take a free card with a bigger club than mine, and thought I could easily stand a raise since I have a pair+flush draw if he has an ace with no club. Also, after my flop bet/3bet, I think if I check I totally give away my intention. Obiviously Im not gonna check/fold, so I really think we would allow him to only put a bet in the times we are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys call a river bet unimproved?

Do you bet fold the turn if you have T8 without a club? If not, what would your line be including the river?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 10-14-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the fact that he raises (and calls your 3-bet) weights in my mind his hands much more heavily towards aces. (This is as opposed to just check raising the flop) It changes the distribution so much that I think check calling might be right on the turn.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

This could very well be.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you bet fold the turn if you have T8 without a club? If not, what would your line be including the river?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

If I check the turn I am definately calling down. If I had T8 no club I dont know. I dont think we can bet/fold because that Ac is a great bluff/semi bluff card for him.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

If I check the turn I am definately calling down. If I had T8 no club I dont know. I dont think we can bet/fold because that Ac is a great bluff/semi bluff card for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are times where I can have the lead on the flop and release the lead to a turn ace and call, and then fold to a river bet. It's read based as villian can't be able to bluff the river in order for this line to be any good. (People will bluff the turn pretty often in this spot) In this particular hand I think you have to call down.

Krishan