Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: I drink a lot of water

I used to drink a whole lot of water when I was training for my school's cross country team (which I never joined). I don't think too much water can ever be a problem. but I'm not a doctor. I'm a runner.

btw I've meant to ask who the dude in you avatar is? is he the czeck DJ (is "spinner" the appropriate term?) who does concerts and such with the crazy lights and whatnot?
Old 10-13-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ideally a good rule of thumb, if you pee 4-5 clear pees a day, you are [censored] wasted

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-13-2005, 12:58 PM

that could be a sign of diabetes. i, too drink about a gallon of water a day and i dont have diabetes so its not something you should panic about. but its really easy to get tested for, for peace of mind.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:17 PM

From the couple of articles that I looked at before posting the one I did it seemed runners are the most likely to have the problem, mainly due to them being encouraged to drink loads of water.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:31 PM

I drink 3-5 liters daily.
One liter right when I wake up.

I dehydrate easily, so its necessary.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Im cutting (losing fat, not some kind of gay goth thing), I drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day, basically, because it helps with being hungry etc. Ideally a good rule of thumb, if you pee 4-5 clear pees a day, you are getting the right about of water

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idea that has some merit, but is in many ways better just as an idea than in practice. Vitamin B-2 colors urine, as do lots of fruits and vegetables, and lots of food and drink in general. Peeing clear is neither necessarily a good thing, nor a great measure of how much water you've been taking in.

However, just thinking about fluid intake is more than than most people do, so it's a step in the right direction.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that could be a sign of diabetes. i, too drink about a gallon of water a day and i dont have diabetes so its not something you should panic about. but its really easy to get tested for, for peace of mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, this is a classic sign of diabetes, and some other conditions I don't remember, but just stumbled across in random reading.

However, the OP says it's pretty hot, so that could explain a lot of it right there. When the heat got to be really bad where I live, I was drinking a gallon and a half of water a day for a while, because I was sweating like a pig all day and all night long, even while asleep. Being in hot environments can make you need a whole lot of water, and so can working out. If you're in a hot environment AND active, you're going to need a lot of water. And again probably even more so if you have a high metabolism -- maybe just meaning being young.

There's a lot of good that people don't realize you get from drinking lots of water, and not a lot of bad. It does tend to flush vitamins and minerals from your system, and even make you poop more or easier -- it just flushes stuff, being the great solvent water and digestive facilitator that it is. But getting more vitamins and minerals in your system is dirt cheap, and you don't have to be a health nut to do it.