Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: \"Stealing\" w/ KQs

[ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you 3bet most aces PF here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a thinking TAG that I thought was stealing I would 3 bet a lot of aces, but I think you're giving your average 1/2 opponent too much credit. I think this 3 bet probably means a premium hand.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:09 PM

Bet the damn river.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:13 PM

I guess I've swung too far from giving no credit to opponents to too much. I guess I'll be back in the middle soon. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 07:19 PM

LOL I think most of the good players at 1/2 for the most part are pretty much ABC players, and kind of weak-tight, which is fine b/c you can beat the crap out of 1/2 playing like that.

I think a 3-bet PF means a premium hand. And I think that him slowing down on the turn does not mean that you have him beat. I think he is either being stupid and not 3-betting with a monster, or he is going into call down mode. So either he's check-raising the river or going to call with a hand better than yours, a lot of the time IMO.

Probably I'm wrong, I'll be interested if you post results. And in general I think value betting here is probably ok, as you will get called a lot by 88-QQ if that's what he has. But I think you have to be willing to fold to a checkraise.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:35 PM

I didn't think I had him beat either. I thought I could semi-bluff with my gutshot and try to push him off a bad ace too. I guess I just got too locked into a tight hand range for him.

A little thinking is a dangerous thing for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] <font color="white"> He had As6s. </font>