Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 04:24 PM

Default news blurb on poker \"class\"

this was printed in my local Austin paper today regarding. these are some ridiculous prices listed people want to teach poker. maybe i should quit playing cards and teach the game full time if people actually pay this price. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

all contact info has been deleted/changed but if youre really interested in finding the original article it's buried at www.statesman.com .

Q: Where can I learn to play poker? I have heard about classes offered elsewhere, especially in Las Vegas, geared toward women. The instructor is usually female, and the class teaches women how to read a man's body language and use it to their advantage. This sounds exactly how I would like to learn to play. Are there women poker instructors offering classes?

A: Great gift idea.

Contact XXX XXX at 555-5555 for individual or group lessons. Prices begin at $30 per hour. In addition to the game's basics, XXX will teach you about tells, the actions players make that indicate a good or bad hand. A player might broadcast cards in a hand with a facial twitch or other signal, XXX says. A few lessons might be all you need. "Some of my students have beaten me," XXX says.

ZZZ ZZZ (I know, a man), 555-555 or z.com, has taught women and runs ZZZ Unlimited, a tournament game service. ZZZ charges $50 per hour for an individual lesson and $100 per hour for a table of students. Classes take place in your home or his.

ZZZ notes those who are bluffing or lying about a hand are remarkably calm while many players with good cards have shaking hands.