Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 05:09 AM

Default How wrong can you idiots be?

From Bill in Portland Maine:

A brief message to the Knuckledragger wing of the Republican party:

You guys are idiots. Total, blazing idiots. In fact, I've never seen such a collection of morons in my life, and that includes the Nixon guys.

When I say idiots and morons, I don't mean walking into walls or sticking your hands into vats of bubbling tomato sauce. I mean, you guys are wrong. And you're wrong so often and on such a massive scale that science should come up with a new term for your species: [censored] stupidus.

The catalyst for this reality-based rant is the Terri Schiavo autopsy. But this isn't about the Schaivos or the ethical and moral questions that arose during that awful episode. It's about looking into the rear-view mirror and seeing that you Bible-thumping lunkheads and your attack poodles in the media got it all wrong. Again.

Terri wasn't following that balloon with her eyes, Dr. Bill "Bootlicker" Frist, because she was blind. She didn't say "Mommy," Sean "Hack" Hannity, because her cognitive abilities were gone. She wasn't strangled, Dr. William "Igor" Hammesfahr, but thanks for proving just how pathetically wrong you "experts" on the rabid right were in this case. You screwed up big-time because you idiots dove into what you thought was a "hot button issue" without a clue what you were doing. You couldn't have been more wrong.

But the Schaivo embarrassment is just one more stinking turd on your Republican "Dungheap of Wrong."

You were all wrong on Iraq. Completely, utterly, insanely wrong on everything. The list has gotten too long to print.

You're wrong on global warming. And now we know you'll resort to doctoring scientific documents to hide your wrongness.

You're wrong on homeland security because we know that our ports, borders and infrastructure still aren't adequately protected. You're so wrong that we've been at terror threat "Yellow" for 1,204 days now, and at "Blue" or "Green" for zero.

You're wrong on those idiotic tax cuts. They haven't stimulated job growth in the slightest, nor have they helped the middle or lower class. Any idiot could see that, and I'm surprised you don't because you are such an extra-special class of idiots.

You're wrong for plunging our country $7.7 trillion into debt. What in God's name were you thinking? Have any of you ever balanced a checkbook in your life?

You're wrong for trying to fool us into thinking that throwing Social Security into the gnashing jaws of Wall Street will solve the (minor) problem we'll face 35 years down the stinking road.

You're so wrong---oh God, how you're just lame-brained here---for ignoring the massive health care crisis in this country. A grade of F- to you...and my extended middle finger, too.

You're wrong on stem cell research. You're wrong on "intelligent design." You're wrong on this crazy missile defense shield. You're wrong to ignore the genocide in Africa. You're wrong to force a cookie-cutter education "plan" on states without paying for it. You're wrong to send an abusive hothead to be our ambassador to the United Nations even though he openly despises it. You're wrong to embrace a radical, hateful religious faction of your party while---wink, wink---you claim to welcome all religions. And you're damn well wrong to suck up to residents of another country (Israel) because you think their destruction is your key to salvation. "Jerusalem's gone! Pack yer bags, Ma!"

There isn't a duncecap big enough to fit your big fat arrogant heads. There isn't a corner big enough for you to take a time-out in. You guys have been so absolutely, positively wrong about everything that it boggles the reality-based mind. And not just wrong---but willfully wrong.

I just wanted you to know that, you incompetent radical Republican nincompoops. Hope I didn't spoil your golf game.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: How wrong can you idiots be?

Not quite sure what this kind of post achieves, bar giving cheap laughs.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:50 AM

Nice rant. You got a lot of head nods and "uh huhs" out of me.

Don't forget the energy policy.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:49 AM

This is the problem with America today, everybody just wants to ***** and moan about the other party. Calling people idiots or morons or whatever doesn't help anything. Do something constructive with that energy.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the problem with America today, everybody just wants to ***** and moan about the other party. Calling people idiots or morons or whatever doesn't help anything. Do something constructive with that energy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Canadian, and I'm open-minded about my narrow-minded view towards Bush and the USA. I never really used to think much about it, but I was younger and it was the Clinton days. I really don't like what Bush has done to the economy. It's going to [censored] up my country and my kids' country.

I've also been living in Europe for a year and they really hate you guys over here. I think a little bit has rubbed off. When I get back to friendly Canada, I'm sure my hostility will die down.

What did you mean by the bolded statement above?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:20 PM

Bravo, sir! You are a fine product of our public schools. I see you have quite a strong opinion about Mr Bush and the GOP in general. In the future, please consider articulating it in some way other than regurgitating someone else's mindless, sardonic rant. That is, if you'd like your opinion to be taken seriously by anyone other than the blind idealouges that populate the blog you pasted this from. Show us our tax dollars were well spent.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:20 PM

Typical of many on the left, politicizing the case; constructing strawmen; showing hostility and intolerance towards those of the Christian faith; and slinging mud at stereotypes for the express purpose of trashing the Republicans.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:49 PM

Howard Dean...is that you?
Old 06-17-2005, 02:24 PM

Do something constructive with that energy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just meant that since he was obviously extremely worked up about Republicans I was suggesting that he use all that negative energy and use it towards something positive. Like doing something for the democratic party.

Personally I don't think you can blame the economy on JUST the president that is in office. I think alot of the problems go back to Clinton as well. Just like I believe the economic prosperity we had during the 90s was no only due to Clinton but also to economic polices passed by both Bush Sr. and Reagan.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Typical of many on the left

[/ QUOTE ]

correction: Typical of both sides. How is this different then any BGC post (except that this probably actually mentions more legitimate issues)

[ QUOTE ]
politicizing the case

[/ QUOTE ]

In what respect? I would argue that he's commenting on issues that the right politicized (ie- the Terry Sciavo case.. the right turned that into a political debate... to comment on the rights actions is not politicizing it.)

[ QUOTE ]
constructing strawmen;

[/ QUOTE ]

Be specific.

[ QUOTE ]
showing hostility and intolerance towards those of the Christian faith;

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree his language is inflammatory. That aside, that doesn't mean there are legitimate criticisms against the Christian political force in our country. (for the record, my whole family is Christian but when people criticize 'Christians' in political context, I don't take it to refer to them. There are people who are Christians who aren't engaged in trying to politicize their beliefs.)

[ QUOTE ]
and slinging mud at stereotypes for the express purpose of trashing the Republicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still say... the language is angry and inflammatory. But there are also legitimate criticisms of recent actions by the right.

I don't anyone has actually touched any of the legitimate issues that have made this person angry.