Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Default question for turnipmonster

I read in one of the other posts, that you play a lot of limit online as opposed to NL. I was wondering if you could give a short explination for the reason.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 10:07 PM

Default Re: question for turnipmonster

when's he's online, his friends can't see him playing limit.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:13 PM

1) I currently only play at party, and I really hate the NL structure (50BB) there. it just doesn't make for an interesting game.

2) I think that there is a pretty steep drop off in game toughness after you reach a certain point playing NL on the net. I think a good to average player can acheive a much higher win rate in the party limit games, I think you'd face some very tough competition to have comparable win rates in NL. I may be wrong about this.

3) Multitabling - limit is a more mechanical game to me, and I feel like I can play 4 tables and not lose a whole lot. I feel like I give up more by multitabling NL games.

4) I just like playing live pot limit. I like buying in for however much I want, I like straddling, I like joking around with everyone, I can read people much better live, the whole enchilada. I just feel like I have a much bigger edge vs. live opponents as opposed to online, where I tend to have a shorter attention span and get sidetracked easier. so, I guess focus is a big thing for me.

6) I like to take my time when making decisions. it often takes me a minute to replay the action in my head to make a good read (and as evidenced from my 666 post I don't always [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). I just feel too rushed online.

those are my reasons, I could be wrong but they are all pretty personal. for me, I feel like playing limit on the net and live PL are the best balance and best use of my somewhat limited poker time. to each his own, though. obviously for different people just the opposite may be true.

--turnipmonster
Old 09-02-2004, 10:14 PM

lol!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:25 PM

thank you for your response.