Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2005, 03:38 PM

Default 8-tabling vs 4-tabling

I currently 4-table 400 and 600 NL (both 6-max and full ring) and consider myself to be a very good player (of course I'm sure most people consider themselves to be good).

Anyway, on to the point: I am currently very capable of playing multitude of styles successfully (TAG, sLAG, LAG) depending on table conditions. I play very aggressively and pride myself in making very solid reads and sticking to them, and I would hardly consider my play "ABC." I also stopped using GT plus while playing so no PT stats for each player.

Now for the question: For those of you who play 8-tables, how much do you feel your play suffers as a result? I have no trouble handling four tables though sometimes when I get in big hands on two or more tables at once I feel my play suffers, but more often than overwhelmed I find myself bored. In the future I would like to be a winning player at the highest stakes available on the internet, so I want my game to progress and I am not sure if playing alot of tables will hinder this progression. I really don't see myself becoming a rock who sits back and peddles the nuts as a result of playing too many tables, and if I were still playing the 200 tables I wouldn't give it a second thought, but I would just like to hear others experiences before I shell out 5 or 600 dollars on a new monitor.

For clarification, I know I will still be a winning player with added tables. But if I'm making 15 BB/100 (totally arbitrary number) and by switching to 8 tables I start making 8 BB/100, I don't really think the detriment to my play is worth the increase in profit.

BTW I'll probably start out playing 4 6-max and 4 full ring tables if anyone has anything to comment about on that.