Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: 3/6 hand vs bakkubakku

So I'm guessing you have AJ, KJ now and Bakku2 either rivered you or is ahead.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:23 PM

I think BB won the hand with AK
Old 11-29-2005, 08:36 PM

Hopefully I can be embarrasingly wrong so I can learn something about playing and reading good players. I tend to way overthink things against TAGs. Here goes:

I think the key to this is putting Chris on a hand once he raises the turn. Once bakku 3-bets the flop, I think Chris probably reads him for either a jack or an overpair. Spades are possible but I don't know if bakku would want to 3-bet them out of position. I kind of doubt bakku would 3-bet with air here, especially considering that the BB already called 2 cold.

So, once Chris raises the turn, I think he is announcing that he either has bakku beat (JT) or he has bakku beat reasonably often and wants to push out BB (AJ). JT is the more likely, imo, due to preflop.

I suppose there is an outside chance chris has 66, but I think he'd likely just cap the flop.

If bakku reads Chris for JT or AJ, I think he is often going to call the turn and fold unimproved. If he's up against JT and has an overpair, for example, he has 8 outs. I don't know if he'd fold an overpair though, since AJ is still possible. But would Chris bet AJ on the end? Idk...

Is it possible that Chris would check behind two pair because he doesn't think he could get any value from betting? BB is bad so I think it's possible he'll call without having made his draw. On the other hand, Chirs has to be worried that QQ or QJ for bakku pulled ahead.

Ugh. I can't wait for an explanation on this.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:10 PM

Sorry I'm new here so my guess my be really off but I think Chris has a set 10s, bakku has AJ and bb has the str8.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:42 AM

Default results and thoughts for those who care

i checked an quickly flipped over KJ and bakku did the same and we chopped it up.

i think this hand was played fine by both of us and fairly standard on my part

raising the turn:

1) it charges two big bets to the bb in case he is drawing (which i'm quite sure he was)

2) since i am obligated to call bakku down anyways i might as well put two bets on the turn with the option of checking behind on the river or betting if i still like my hand

3) it really puts the pressure on bakku and he might (though really not) fold better hand

by the time this river card hits there is not much value in it as the only hands i'm reasonably beating is J9 and maybe chopping with KJ. there are a LOT of better hands than me on this river so i don't see much value in a bet here.

had the river been, say 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] then i think a bet is in order though thinking about it now there are not many hands that bakkubakku can have here that i beat.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: results and thoughts for those who care

[ QUOTE ]

3) it really puts the pressure on bakku and he might (though really not) fold better hand

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that no one folds against you. Ever. Evereverever.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: results and thoughts for those who care

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that no one folds against you. Ever. Evereverever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just saying if someone else in my shoes used this same line and he didn't have my image or reputation it *could* fold a better hand (but still probably not likely)

this isn't actually the greatest example for it, but in similiar spots itll work from time to time.