Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-21-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Money transfer

[ QUOTE ]
This may not be popular but I think we should try to avoid having regulars from the High Stakes forum playing. I regularly read there, and highly respect all those that have posted here about playing. I just feel that the tourney will quickly become unbalanced. Matt Flynn, AZK, Bobbos, and Duck can and most likely will crush their mid-stakes opponents. It would be kinda silly to have the Mid-Stakes HU tourney dominated by HS players.

Fin

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have a blast if I got to play one of these guys. Sure it's not +EV, but as a fun and educational experience it would be great. I'm not really hot on bumping players that have already signed up though, cause that's just not fair.

-SmileyEH
Old 12-21-2005, 12:15 AM

I think getting another 32 people to play will be tough, but for sure I wanna work something out so everyone can play. Maybe if we get 16 players to pay 600, they can get a free bye to round 2. The first 32 guys we have can play, and when round 1 is done, we are back to 32 people and proceed normally from there. You guys like?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:19 AM

If you guys are interested in the 600 idea, send me a PM specifyinhg you want to pay 600. If any of the first guys want to pay 600, thats fine to, just PM me or post in this thread and Ill deal with everything on friday.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:50 AM

If you're adding more players, I'll join in. I guess I post on HSNL more, but I'm a fish so it balances out. I've also never played HU before.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:04 AM

if any spots available..i'm in too
Old 12-21-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys are interested in the 600 idea, send me a PM specifyinhg you want to pay 600. If any of the first guys want to pay 600, thats fine to, just PM me or post in this thread and Ill deal with everything on friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we do this we can double the old payout structure!!!

48-33: 0
32-17: 0
16-9: 0
8-5: 1000
4-3: 2400
2: 4000
1: 6400

Let's see if we can get 32 people on board (and paid up) first. From there we'll see if we can find 16 more willing to pay 600 for the guaranteed 1st round buy. Perhaps we can get this entirely from the HSNL forum?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:24 AM

We can let AZK in because he sucks
Old 12-21-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We can let AZK in because he sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pay $600 too.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:27 AM

Ok so duck, flynn, edge and azk have all said they would be in. Ah high stakes players, im such getting in for 600 is no problem for these guys. As well Ml4l said hed like to play so that means there are 11 spots left in the extra 16. If any of the alternates or orignial guys wanna be moved to 600$ 16, just let me know or post in this thread. Ill be back friday, see you all then and hope it works out for the next few days. Keep sending AZK the moeny and well be able to start this thing sooner rather than later, maybe even draw up the brackets this weekend.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Mid stakes HU matches official sign up

This is [censored] up and I will not stand for this [censored].

From pm from ahnuld:
[ QUOTE ]
I never got your original message reserving a spot. Sorry, but that means you'll be alternate number 8. The good news is I think we can make 16 more spots at 600 each. Im sure other players will take those spots though, so if you only wanted to pay 300 you could get one of those spots too. PM me back telling me which one youd rather do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I posted in the thread before you even posted anything about alternates. I posted before alternates 5-8. I should be alternate number 3, not number 8. This is not right, and I'm not going to sit around and be [censored] like this. Fix it now.

The record of this thread shows obviously when I registered, and who it was before. I won't stand for anything less than a full complete fix of this problem.