Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: What 2 seconds would you change?

I'd change Pedro slamming Don Zimmer on the ground.

Just kidding.
-James
Old 11-14-2005, 06:25 PM

Ryan Hamby would catch the ball vs Texas.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am both a Kings and Rams fan [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Bills and Redsox fan...weird combo I know. Also was a Whalers fan. Not a good life as a sports fan until 2004.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:16 PM

Bartman, fly ball
Durham, ground ball

1 second each
Old 11-14-2005, 08:01 PM

none of my teams suffered heartbreak like this in my lifetime, so I just wish that Brock had not tried to go into home standing up. I heard about that incessantly from my dad as I grew up.

from a personal note, I would like that split second back when the wave went crashing into my right arm at sandy beach in 1988 when I instantly went from throwing mid 80's to low 70's (and have had to live with a subluxing/dislocating right arm ever since).
Old 11-14-2005, 08:03 PM

Ronde Barber.

I was right above it in the 700 level. Easily one of the top 5 most painful moments of my life.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:05 PM

I'm a 49er and Giant fan. Since the 49ers have won 5 SBs in my lifetime, I can't see the need to mess with any two seconds for them. On the other hand, the Giants have many. Some of the more recent ones I would like to take back:

-2000, LDS, Game 2: Jay Payton's base hit the inning after JT Snow hit one of the most dramatic homers in Giants history. I'd like it to hang up two seconds more to become a flyout. Giants had the best record in baseball and they were a better team that year than the Mets.

2002: Game 6, World Series: I wish I could make Baker turn his fat ass around instead of taking Ortiz out in the 7th to go to an overworked bullpen (not to mention giving him the gameball with another 2 2/3's to play!!! Only Dusty.). Or when he decided to pitch to Glaus with the go-ahead run on 2nd base and 1st base open. Glaus was on fire that series and Nen had nothing left. It also would have set up an ending inning double play situation.

2002, Game 7: The 2 seconds when Baker decided to start Livan Hernandez over Kirk Reuter even though Livan had pitched like crap all post-season and Reuter had been a big game pitcher for the Giants since he came to the team. Hernadez went on to give up 4 runs in two innings while Reuter pitched 4 innings of 1 hit ball in relief.

2003: Game #3, LDS: Giants push the go-ahead run across in the top of the 9th. They are 3 outs away from taking a 2-1 lead and making it a lock that Schmidt would at least have a chance to pitch Game 5 at PacBell if necessary (as guaranteed as victory could be for a baseball game that year). Jose Cruz Jr. decides to forget how to catch and turns a routine fly ball into the game changing error. Florida goes on to win the game.

2003: Game 4, LDS: After the Marlins take the lead in the bottom of the 8th with a two run rally, the Giants get a rally going in the top of the 9th. Within one run, JT Snow, for some reason not pinch ran for since he is the slowest man on the team (Enjoying Dusty Cubs fans?) gets thrown out at home reprsenting the tying run. I wish he was two seconds faster. Series, Marlins. Florida goes on to win the World Series.

Just a few recent ones.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really thought this was another penn state fan complaining about the 2 extra seconds michigan got so they had time to kick a field goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-14-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from a personal note, I would like that split second back when the wave went crashing into my right arm at sandy beach in 1988 when I instantly went from throwing mid 80's to low 70's (and have had to live with a subluxing/dislocating right arm ever since).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Sandy Beach will give you a beating during certain times of the year if you don't watch your back. Very impressive waves very close to shore + tourists = death trap =)
Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 PM

i also forgot, i would have made up dave roberts' dad's mind to put on A [censored] CONDOM SO THAT PIECE OF [censored] WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BORN.