Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Would YOU have called!?

No reads...not really sure about the call at the end.
I figured MP1 didnt hit the straight and was trying to buy the pot but without a decent read on the guy is this a worthy call?

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

UTG+1 ($31.8)
UTG+2 ($33.05)
MP1 ($23.4)
MP2 ($28.45)
MP3 ($25)
CO ($17.6)
Hero ($23.55)
SB ($25.91)
BB ($68.55)
UTG ($25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1.25, MP1 calls $1.25, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($6.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, SB calls $2, BB folds, MP1 calls $2.

River: ($12.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, SB folds.

Final Pot: $24.25
Old 04-26-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Would YOU have called!?

i don't know what to make of this hand because i don't understand what everyone could be check calling with. heres what i think, let me know if it makes sense.

flop:
one of the blinds might have a weak 7 that he was too scared to lead out with. the other players may have any hand like oesd, or two overs.

turn:
why did you bet so little on the turn? i think sb called with a 7, with your weak bet he probably thinks tp is still good. mp1 may have just paired an overcard, he was first in the pot pf so i think its less likely he has something like 89s. if he were slow playing something big i would think he would have raised by now.

river:
i don't believe that 2 helped his hand, but i do believe that he thinks he's value betting. probably has something like kq. if he were going to bluff at this pot he could have done it on the turn when everyone showed weakness and he was last to act. it doesn't make sense for him to chase a draw thinking you'll pay off if it hits and to also think he can bluff you off a hand on the end. i think i fold.

i think your turn bet wasn't good because it wasn't going to fold any hands (although i see it did), it doesn't gain you any information about your opponents hands, and you can't be sure what information your opponents think they're getting.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:06 PM

yeah id call there isnt much of a way the 2 helped him, only limp in hand he could have here is a2 from MP and i dont see him calling bets on the flop and turn with it with 3 over cards out there, and you may have a 67 that he limped in with beat now with a bigger 2 pair, no reason to fold here unless you really think you are outkicked. i call everytime
Old 04-26-2005, 05:43 PM

Yeah...turns out he was buying the pot with a failed OESD...good insight though...you're right about the turn bet it was pretty weak i'll remember that for next time around.