Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Another Magic player wins a bracelet

lol that's the funny thing David Williams was suspended for a lengthy period of time. Tournament cheating has run rampant in magic, certainly not a reason to quit LOL @ U
Old 06-10-2005, 12:35 AM

Cheating has actually dropped a lot more since the penalties were upped and the enforcement became stiffer.

Congrats to Eric on the win, I've met him a few times and he's always been a fairly nice, if quiet person.

Chris should prolly make the HoF either this year or the next - having your face on a good and iconic card helps a lot.

Other players like Dave Williams, Justin Bonomo, etc, etc, etc have all either done well or are starting to make their mark. With that, good luck to all the gamers taking up the higher profit cards.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:33 AM

Dan Clegg made day 2 of the 2000 Limit HE
Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol that's the funny thing David Williams was suspended for a lengthy period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

In David's defense, there was controversy surrounding his supposed cheating, as the "marked" cards in question (Accumulated Knowledge) he apparently borrowed from someone, hence why they showed a different type of bend in the cards as everyone shuffles their deck differently, especially a card like AK that saw tons of play.

I certainly don't know for certain whether he did or did not cheat, but I do know that from my limited dealings with him when we'd run into each other at high level events that he always seemed like a cool guy and I remember when I heard the story that I thought he got railroaded.

In short: getting found guilty of cheating by the DCI doesn't mean you're a cheater.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 06-12-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In short: getting found guilty of cheating by the DCI doesn't mean you're a cheater.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, I do not think this is true. The DCI is very hesitant to suspend people, and generally only do it when the evidence is overwhelming.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:08 PM

Chris, I agree that they do thoroughly look into things, however, I still stand by what I said: being found guilty doesn't mean you're a cheater. He MAY be, but he also may not be. Regardless, it was a long time ago...

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 06-12-2005, 03:11 PM

He shouldn't of put himself in that position, with bent cards at top8 of worlds (I think thats rite, not positive). I don't even think AK was good in that matchup and it was said he got the cards from Mike Long I think..was so long ago, but as said by Paluka, DCI is very hesitant and were lenient on the 'name' pros...so..take from it what you will.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:29 PM

No one likes you!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haha no sarcasm, are you him? I really don't know.

keep it reaL
-LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

Paluka=Chris Pikula

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2005, 12:53 AM

I believe I saw Casey McCarrel in John Murphy's posse/cheering section last year. That guy was a savage cheater. I despise him.

Sadly, I don't think a few day 2's (including one 17th place!) qualifies me into the "former M:tg pro now playing poker" circle.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:40 AM

A good friend of mine was banned at a regionals for one year for marked sleeves. He had his deck sorted and his ultra pro's were marked and he ended up having about 20/23 land marked. He didn't even make top 8 in that tournament.

The head judge DQed him without prized mostly because he was biased and didn't like us Las Vegas guys. Other judges afterwards agreed that the judge was in fact biased but were unwilling to come to my friend's defense when he asked them about helping him out with an appeal.

Basically I'm saying, I know my friend very well and he wasn't cheating but was banned for one year. Dont' think the DCI is unbiased in all their decisions.