Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Too aggro? - What now on the river?

I was pushing this hand pretty hard - what do you think? How do you respond to the CR? No real read on villain.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (5.85 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (8.85 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (11.85 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___????
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises

Total pot: (19.85 BB)
Old 10-02-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Too aggro? - What now on the river?

Raise 3rd street. As played, I like it until the river (though sixth might be debateable). I wouldn't bet the river here. One of them certainly has a large pair bigger than urs and they are certainly paying them off. You won't get both to fold 99% of the time.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2005, 12:33 PM

I think it's fine. Without a read on the villian, the CR is hard to interpret. I don't play 5/10, but I've observed it, but maybe he caught a third queen. If he had two pair or trips I would think he would have raised on 5th. Same on 6th. I wouldn't have risked giving a free card with either of those hands on 5th or 6th by checking. I'd say he probably caught a 3rd queen.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You won't get both to fold 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do I want them both to fold with a flush?
Old 10-02-2005, 12:40 PM

I think he misread your hand. Anyway, I definitely reraise here. If someone has the hidden full house thats life, but I'm willing to put in the extra bets.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:40 PM

Jeff, Maybe I'm misreading something but lstream made his flush on seventh.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:44 PM

With two really key cards out I think calling on third is the best play. I would probably three-bet the river, but the other guy's board is disjointed enough that it smells a bit like a full house.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Yea, Ignore me. I misread and thought you just had the one pair. I would just call his checkraise on the end. I doubt he checkraises the river with two pair here. He probably rivered a full house and I really don't like getting 4-bet on the end here b/c you're virtually never winning and yet you will still pay off like a slot machine.

Jeff
Old 10-03-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Result

Well I three bet him, he capped and then proceeded to show a full house - aces full of queens. He rivered the ace. I ended up at the same table with this guy for quite a while after this hand. He turned out to be a classic chaser, especially for gut shots. The funny part came later when he started to complain about his horrible luck because he kept losing with straights. He lost to me once where he hit a miracle gut shot against my rolled aces. Lucky for me I filled. Then the very next hand he rivered a gut shot again a flush. Then the complaining set in [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Result

Nice location; very true.