Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 02:54 AM

Default super push

I have no reads, because I JUST sat down at this table. Also, I am drunk.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($34)
SB ($146.40)
BB :#A500AF(Villian)/ ($96.70)
UTG ($59.15)
UTG+1 ($70.05)
Hero ($115.70)
MP2 ($100)
MP3 ($34)
CO ($71)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villian)/ calls $1.

Flop: ($6.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets $5</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises to $27</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $97</font>, Villian calls $67.70 (All-In).

Turn: ($198.20) ?: <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($198.20) ? <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $198.20

Villian obviously likes his hand, I obviously have a billion outs (ok maybe 17). I'm not getting away from this, so I take a shot and push. Liquid courage? Or the right move? Or both?!? Let me know.

iash
Old 12-23-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: super push

sigh.

standard.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sigh.

standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

appreciate your enthusiasm.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 AM

standard, but I'd rather he folded.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:23 AM

where do you get all 17 outs from?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:26 AM

You have 15 outs. But this is standard.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:35 AM

Standard? I agree this is +ev, and I do this all the time, but I have been thinking about this play. In cases where it is clear we have NO folding equity, why not get passive and c/c. We will be getting odds to call any pot sized bet on the turn, and I doubt villain will bet that much since he seems to love the tiny raises.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard? I agree this is +ev, and I do this all the time, but I have been thinking about this play. In cases where it is clear we have NO folding equity, why not get passive and c/c. We will be getting odds to call any pot sized bet on the turn, and I doubt villain will bet that much since he seems to love the tiny raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the goal of poker is to get your money in with the best hand. Wierd huh?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the goal of poker is to get your money in with the best hand. Wierd huh?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it more plus ev to take the coinflip on the flop with the dead money or to get your stack in on the turn or river when villain is drawing dead (assume deeper stacks)
Old 12-23-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Is it more plus ev to take the coinflip on the flop with the dead money or to get your stack in on the turn or river when villain is drawing dead (assume deeper stacks)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is likely anywhere from 52%-56% to win(maybe 50/50 against AA). Taking the pot after the push would be nice, but if it all goes in you're definately getting paid off if you connect, where as villian may get away from his hand if a heart comes on the turn. +EV by definition means that you are a favorite - you expect positive value, you can call 52-56 a coin flip, but it's of course not. While it's true that in small stakes you can wait for bigger advantages, you don't have to push small edges at these limits, but it's still the correct play no matter how you look at it.