Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Stars $60 what does villain have?

You're missing the point. You give villian WAY too much credit here, where they should fold JJ TT AK etc,. Folding KK in a SnG here preflop is way too weak tight, and you're cutting into your long term ROI, imo.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. You give villian WAY too much credit here, where they should fold JJ TT AK etc,. Folding KK in a SnG here preflop is way too weak tight, and you're cutting into your long term ROI, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never told OP to fold. I commented on his original question as to what villain held. Plus, I don't see anybody re-reraising with J J and 10 10 in a multiway pot as being a good play in the long run. Also, with A Ko or A Ks, you're better pushing all-in instead rather than re-reraising. If you're called and miss the flop, you've committed too many of your chips. That kind of play is best suited for a more deeper-stacked game and a $60 STT doesn't qualify.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:38 PM

folding this would be really bad unless you knew villain would only do this with aa which I dont think you do.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see anybody re-reraising with J J and 10 10 in a multiway pot as being a good play

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last time, you're giving villian way too much credit here.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see anybody re-reraising with J J and 10 10 in a multiway pot as being a good play

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How? It's been said in this thread that players in the $60s are making this play with J J, 10 10, and A K. I'm saying if you're the initial raiser preflop with J J or 10 10, you get two cold callers and then a reraiser who goes over the pot, I think it's suicide to reraise back or even call. I honestly don't see this as a good play even if you don't know what OP has. You have the consider the two cold callers in the pot too. Obviously, I'm putting villain on a monster if he re-reraises back. My thoughts are he has a hand stronger than J J or 10 10. If he has A Ko or A Ks, I still think the re-reraise back is a dumb play. You might as well push. Once again, I'm not advocating OP fold. My guess is, OP re-re-raised back all-in and they went to the death.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:38 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Dbach = Donk
Old 12-04-2005, 12:41 AM

Ok bro, thanks for the elaboration.
Now I understand exactly where your misunderstanding lies. This whole post, we assume hero has KK. Villian plays this way w/ TT-KK, and AK too often to ever fold this spot. That's all. Easy fold if hero has TT or JJ.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:45 AM

what is your regular buy in rbear?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 AM

$22-$55, and there's not much differnce between them
Old 12-04-2005, 12:49 AM

I put villian on crap. That's what he usually has.