Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2005, 03:45 PM

Default question from a square

hey there... i've been lurking here for a bit, read the FAQ, read some other recommended sites on sports betting, and now its time for me to pop in with a question.

I read nearly all the posts here on a daily basis and i've been making a few plays here and there, mostly College Basketball and NFL.

I tend to play the pointspreads, as I dont really have a good way of evaluating over/unders right now. I also play only on Bodog (poker account)and I get the feeling that it's a laughworthy site as far as betting goes. But for right now, as I'm playing sparingly and still learning the ropes, it works.

I really like the the Pitt/SC and I dont think Pitt will be able to hang in that environment ... the line on BoDog is -3 though, and I know how important each point really is, especially in college basketball.

Does the SC -3 make this a no-play? It's obviously horrendous compared to -1.5, but I _do_ like this game and believe SC will put Pitt down.. I am looking for some "expert" input here on the value of this play, after the line has moved 1.5 points. I still bet 20 on it (about what I tend to play) and I guess we'll see.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated, and I'd also like to thank you guys for contributing to what I consider a great forum.

-d