Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 PM

Default What\'s going on here? An AQ hand.

Villain's been here for like seven hands and he's raised five of them preflop; he's somehow stayed out of showdowns so far. I'm not normally in the habit of 3-betting with AQ, but: 1. maybe I should be, 2. I wanted to isolate, and 3. I like to raise.

I'm going to post the whole hand, along with what was going through my head at each street.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.
Standard continuation bet, bam, I got checkraised. I'm easily reverse-dominated, regular dominated, or just outright beat by something like KJ or a less likely KK or JJ. Also there's a flush draw. I do have the gutshot. Plan: Call, fold turn UI.

Turn: (5.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls.
A good card. Yay. Raise.

River: (9.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises all-in</font>, Hero calls.
Maybe I just got flushed. Maybe he's stacking off. For 1 SB, easy call.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

Thoughts? Did I make this post too long? Do I suck at poker and need to quit right now?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: What\'s going on here? An AQ hand.

This hand looks fine to me. No need to quit poker.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:12 AM

Looks Good
Old 09-08-2005, 12:16 AM

Although 7 hands isn't much, but against what may be a maniac, I like the three bet.

The continuation bet isn't terrible, and I think I'd do it. But when I look at the board, I for some reason don't think it's correct. I would think that a maniac may be raising preflop any hand with two (or any) broadways and even a few more. Thoughts?

Turn and river standard.

How big a stack did this guy sit down with, he went broke after 8 hands!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:00 AM

not too shabby.

raising is fun.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:32 AM

Hand looks fine. When you're reading a Villan, don't overlook the fact that he appears to be short-stacked (how much did he sit down with 7 hands ago?)...it certainly sounds like he might be tilting from another table, and just trying to burn through his last 10BB and, "have a little fun, dammut!"