Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 02:39 AM

Default 10 10...check raise turn? (no reads)

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="blue"> Bet flop so no one gets a free heart, and because I have a set. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] </font>

Turn: (15.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

<font color="blue">Now I'm thinking I should have went for the check raise here. It just seems every time I do that, It bites me in the heiny. Is this a safe spot? </font>
River: (18.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 04-02-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: 10 10...check raise turn? (no reads)

If you don't bet the turn, then who will?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:42 AM

Flop is an easy bet.

Why would you try to check raise the turn, no one else is showing agression, you must ask yourself who are you going to check raise? I'd play this hand just like you did, maybe not cap the flop just call the 3 bet, but I dont know how correct that part is.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:43 AM

You can't c/r the turn. It might get checked thru. Checked thru = small disaster.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:44 AM

Don't fall prey to Fancy Play Syndrome. The only person you can count on to bet is SB, and he acts before you.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:51 AM

Any reads? With none, you must bet the turn. Having it checked through would be a huge mistake. Also, if it's checked to the person on your right and he bets, then what do you do?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:52 AM

Good, I'm glad I was right on this one. I try not to c r at all, just wondering what situations might be best.

I think I remember seeing a c/r thread, I'll have to search for it and reread.

After seeing the results of this hand, I think it might have worked. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But that's a no no.

Ben
Old 04-02-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reads? With none, you must bet the turn. Having it checked through would be a huge mistake. Also, if it's checked to the person on your right and he bets, then what do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet to my right?

I think I would go ahead and raise either trying to win the pot right there, or making him pay if he or anyone else is on a flush draw, or a T4 or Q4.

How'd I do?
Old 04-02-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet to my right?

I think I would go ahead and raise either trying to win the pot right there, or making him pay if he or anyone else is on a flush draw, or a T4 or Q4.

How'd I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say call. You want people to call behind you, and raising pushes them out more often than not. Make them pay you off - you are not afraid of any hand here.

-Tim
Old 04-02-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet to my right?

How'd I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-examine your thinking. Why would you want anyone to fold on the turn? Anyone who would draw out on you has a 4% chance to do so, worst case. Everyone else is throwing in dead money, which you want to maximize

What you are rooting for is exaclty the opposite of what you say: You _want_ someone to stay with and make a flush, and you _want_ someone with the smaller full houses to stick around, because they will all pay you off.