Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 09:30 AM

Default 1010 in trouble comments on all streets welcome

I just sat down and dont have specific reads, but both opponents had 40/16/1.5 ish stats if I remeber correctly. I decided to wait until the turn for a safe card to raise. I am really not sure about this river, I figured with all of the aggression I had showed on the turn that I was beat here too often to call, but I am having doubts now, and think maybe I should have called. I am also not sure if I should have just threebet this flop.
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, MP calls.

River: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 06-01-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: 1010 in trouble comments on all streets welcome

Hi,

My thoughts.

I 3 bet the flop for a couple of reasons

I want to clear out the button, if he cold calls another 2 I think we can safely put him on a OESD/Flush draw.

I want to see if the SB caps.

I SB doesn't cap and Button folds I can probably take a free turn card if I want.

The turn - Given that you didn't 3 bet the flop I don't know whether MP is being aggro and pushing us out with Ax [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or has some sort of monster draw like QT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or a combo of made hand and draw JT-8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The button seems on a draw or has a weak made hand so I like the raise to drive him out and get a free showdown.

When MP donk bets the river I put him on (in order of likelyness)
QJo
a now TP QT
maybe KT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
maybe AQ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I can't see what else he is betting that you beat given that he is an unknown.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:38 PM

I like this hand. Both 3-betting the flop and raising the turn both seem like viable options and I'm not sure which one I prefer really. Folding to that river bet is also likely correct though its close and sometimes I'll call against an unknown just so he's a little less unknown to me next time.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:08 PM

good fold, you are beat here over 90% IMO. MP has QJ, he put you on an overpair, so he fired on the river figuring you would check behind but have to call for one bet.