View Poll Results: Which flop for a Go?
JJ4, two clubs 1 16.67%
KJ6, two clubs 3 50.00%
953, two clubs 0 0%
None of the above... 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Is this a dick move?

PokerFink- Been reading 2+2 for years before I started posting so I'm not some newb. It seems like every day there is a post about what to do with girls. I just didn't see the point of the post/poll and by the looks of early results neither did half of the responders. Go to Vegas, have fun, and pick up where you left off when you get back.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:11 AM

Where is the choice: 'This is a dick move. Get some vegas booty, then ask her out when you get back'
Old 12-13-2005, 04:36 PM

There are two important rules in life: 1. Timing is everything. 2. Luck is being able to take advantage of opportunity when it presents itself.

Opportunity has presented itself in the form of a girl. The right girl is a rare thing. At 20, you may not know this, but it's very true. If you think she's the right girl, don't mess it up. Act now. What's the worst that can happen?

Scenario 1. You wait. She meets someone else. Or, you go to Vegas, she finds out what you did, gets pissed. You might have missed a teriffic opportunity, plus you got a whole lot of agony in either case.

Scenario 2. You ask her out. She says no, you haven't lost anything. You still go to Vegas. Or she says yes, but things don't work out. You can still go to Vegas a second time and screw around. It's not like they're going to close the place. You only lose a bit of time.

Quick analysis. Any unknown opportunity in Vegas is unlikely to be superior to the known opportunity now presenting itself. If she's worth asking out when you get back, she's worth asking now. If she's not worth asking now, then she's not worth asking later. Anything else is rationalization or your dick talking.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:48 PM

All posts like this should result in a lifetime ban.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:49 PM

Did u ask her to go with you?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:54 PM

You care her enough to want to be honest (faithful, loyal, whatever) with her, but not so much that it impacts you having a good time. So I don't think its a dick thing, you're just more concerned with your own well-being than being in a relationship, which is fine.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 PM

Of course "Get some Booty" is going to win, but the correct answer is "This is not a dick move, but if you want her to be your gf, why do you want Vegas booty anyway?"
Old 12-13-2005, 05:00 PM

MrMon,

Nice analysis, good points.

Hawk59 (and others),

I'm not sure why people are taking offense to this thread.

For one thing, there are plenty of girl/relationship related posts on this thread. I don't see why this one would be any worse/dumber than the others.

Second, it's a simple question of how you treat others. I'm not asking for anyone to support my decision or my morals, nor was I asking for advice on how to treat a girl. I was simply curious what OOT thought about the situation. I see nothing wrong with the poll or thread.

-Fink
Old 12-13-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you asking other people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Curiosity. Isn't that what OOT is for? I mean, does anyone really care how everyone else wipes their ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do thats Y I read OTT
Old 12-13-2005, 05:03 PM

I've been in this situation. I chose to get back together with my girlfriend as opposed to most likely getting some while I was on vacation from some other chick. It's just the type of person I am though, and I don't know if really is a dick move.