Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Should I start raising?

Players are loose-passives.
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Should I raise here?

River: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

No reads.
Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Raise?

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Raise?

River: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 10-03-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Should I start raising?

preflop sucks in hand 1.

why are you open limping on the button there?

i probably play the rest of the hand the same. only if he's loose/passive, i doubt he's betting less than an Ace into 2 players on the river, so i could see a fold there.

hand 2 -

i'd 3bet preflop. you're probably ahead but more importantly if you're not, it takes the momentum away from villain and will pick up a few pots when you both whiff.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:09 PM

Yeah, preflop absolutely sucks in hand 1. Fold the river, I think. The pot is small.

Hand 2, I think you played perfectly.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:12 PM

I'd raise preflop, you're stealing.
I'd raise the flop and go for the free card.
I'd bet the turn if the flop raise put you HU, check behind otherwise.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:20 PM

If you are planning on calling down the river with an unimproved king, as you did here, then yes you should raise the turn. Then I would follow up with a bet on the river. I think you should either raise the flop, and bet hard the whole way, including the river, even if you hit nothing. Or raise the turn and bet the river. Either way will work some times and not work others. Don't be afraid about being caught bluffing. The times you are not caught, and the times that you hit your draw will more than make up for it. Bol

PS, the way I play this hand is the way these others were suggesting. I raise preflop. If bet into on the flop, I raise, I bet the turn. If I feel I am beat on the river and the only way I can win is to bluff, I bet the river. If I think my hand may win in a showdown,but am not sure, but am sure he is not folding a better hand, then I will finally check behind on the river.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 PM

First hand I am raising preflop and raising the turn. You might win it right there. If not, SB might fold and you could get a free showdown, and you still have a bunch of outs to improve.

Second hand, I am raising the turn. There's no reason to suspect he has a better ace and he will probably call since he is passive.