Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Collusion???

What do you think...looks like it narrows the odds for a split 2 pair/fh draw?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (13.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+2 has 7d 3c (one pair, aces).
MP1 has Ks Qs (straight, ace high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 13.66 BB. </font>
Old 08-26-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Collusion???

UTG+2 is all in on the turn? Looks pretty standard.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:38 AM

raise flop
Old 08-26-2005, 02:10 AM

UTG +2 is betting a diamond draw, MP1 is raising his straight. Are you new to poker or just stupid? Why in the world would anyone possibly think this is collusion. Worry about your game and stop making excuses for your losses.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG +2 is betting a diamond draw, MP1 is raising his straight. Are you new to poker or just stupid? Why in the world would anyone possibly think this is collusion. Worry about your game and stop making excuses for your losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments too.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me see. I don't know the fish who would bet a 7-high flush draw into six people when drawing for a one-card flush. This person would have to hit the diamond draw and still have to hope to dodge any one of four diamonds with six opponents still to go. I don't think I'm stupid...this is just rational thinking.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me see. I don't know the fish who would bet a 7-high flush draw into six people when drawing for a one-card flush. This person would have to hit the diamond draw and still have to hope to dodge any one of four diamonds with six opponents still to go. I don't think I'm stupid...this is just rational thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're playing 3/6. You expected world-class poker?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me respond to that with one question:

On the very first day that you ever played Texas Hold Em, would you have tried something that assinine? Would you?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me respond to that with one question:

On the very first day that you ever played Texas Hold Em, would you have tried something that assinine? Would you?

[/ QUOTE ]
First, its spelled "asinine."

Second, personally I wouldn't, but I don't doubt that there ARE people that would do that. Believe me, that junk happens to all of us. However, if you look back upon it, its hard not to chuckle, cuz these donkeys are the ones that are making us money in the long run. Disagree?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:20 AM

asinine. one s. i know that it doesn't make sense. that's english.

i think the point that the other guys were making is that most people who play online make stupid plays, on their first day or after 10000 hands. don't give your opponents credit for being rational. most aren't.