Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Typical AK?

UTG = unknown

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: Typical AK?

With no read on Villain I would probably just call down this river after he bets into me for a third time. Do you guys religiously raise this river? (working on getting some weak play out of my own game)
Old 11-08-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With no read on Villain I would _____ just call down this river after he bets into me for a third time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Removed the word probably for my answer.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:44 AM

I'm not raising this river. Call.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 AM

On the flop I'm putting UTG on a worse ace. I like your raise here as you got rid of the blinds.
Most often, UTG would check raise you on the turn if he had a monster. I still think he's on a worse Ace, a raise here is IMO marginal, but good.
When the board pairs on the river I don't expect anything to change, which hands that you limp with from UTG does contain an 8?? 88 maybe, but that's highly unlikely to be the case. Since UTG still seems confident with his holding, even though you showed strength on every street so far, I would just call and expect to loose.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:30 AM

I just call here. He knows that you're representing a strong Ace and has to figure you for AJ-AK. It still doesn't seem to concern him though. The calls on the flop and the turn are a bit weird if he did hit his set though. I would still just call and plan on being good a minority of the time.