Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Video Game Supremecy

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks that Diddy Kong Racing >>> Mario Kart?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the sake of humanity, I would hope so....
Old 10-22-2005, 07:58 PM

DKR = more skill involved, more fun, just overall better package. THERE I said it.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:00 PM

For your sake, it's a good thing these messageboards have such a high level of anonymity....
Old 10-22-2005, 08:05 PM

No, I tend to agree with you. I always felt that the Mario Kart games tended to make it too easy to equalize, whereas you could really dominate in Diddy Kong. And I agree that the clock was the only truly kickass character; at least you had to do some serious work to get him.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For your sake, it's a good thing these messageboards have such a high level of anonymity....

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I love this. An ass-kicking without even playing anything!
Old 10-22-2005, 09:19 PM

I've never met a person I couldn't trounce at Super Smash Brothers for the N64. Don't think I'm all that great though.

Is SBM similar enough that the skillset could carry over? All I remember is that it always came down to Ness and Kirby battles for the other players kills, and to see who could go out over the ledge further and make it back when they were up against eachother. Do they still have the "stomp" move in SBM? I've actually met people who thought they were good and didn't even know about the move. That move made the game.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never met a person I couldn't trounce at Super Smash Brothers for the N64. Don't think I'm all that great though.

Is SBM similar enough that the skillset could carry over? All I remember is that it always came down to Ness and Kirby battles for the other players kills, and to see who could go out over the ledge further and make it back when they were up against eachother. Do they still have the "stomp" move in SBM? I've actually met people who thought they were good and didn't even know about the move. That move made the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

the skillset carries over somewhat, but making the transition is difficult at first. SSB:melee moves a lot more quickly, I suppose you could say, then the N64 SSB does. the stomp move and the throw have both been downtweaked, as they were kind of unfair in the N64

both are great games, though
Old 10-22-2005, 09:22 PM

I wonder how many of you fighting games guys got the new Warriors game and what you think of it.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:30 PM

The N64 Smash Bros was a great game, but SSBM is infinitely better. Much faster, much deeper, much more balanced. It's actually one of the greatest fighting games of all time underneath all the kiddy coating. The skillset does carry over somewhat, but it takes a lot of getting used to. My little brother would trounce you at either game. I know this because he trounces me whenever he convinces me to play against him, and I used to be very solid.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My little brother would trounce you at either game. I know this because he trounces me whenever he convinces me to play against him, and I used to be very solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, do you know how many little kids I've beaten in the mall at various electronics stores? I've made some cry, actually cry.