Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Reuters PartyGaming article 11/11

Did someone post this already elsewhere?

http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticl...PARTYGAMING.xml

So the skins will be back, under the new network, but all owned by party?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Reuters PartyGaming article 11/11

Noam Lanir should have accepted the SportingBEt offer of 790GBP.The current market cap is only 250GBP and falling fast. How can an insider that should have known that Empire's ties to Party were tenuous be so fuggin greedy and short-sighted. As of right now it's cost Empire 540GBP...what a massive financial blunder.

Too smart for his own good. Gotta ring the bell and cash out sometime-greed got the best of these guys. SportingBet is the one that should be taking this fvcking right now not Empire.

I like this quote "PartyGaming is using this to further squeeze down the price it pays for Empire -- that's if it bothers at all..They're just deciding now if they're going to squeeze it and then buy it, or just kill it "

I cant recall how the SportingBet offer fell thru...did Empire walk away from the offer or did Sporting cancel the bid?---Anybody know ?...either way Empire probably could have been sold for 500GBP-800GBP early this year before the inevitable shhit hit the fan.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:47 AM

"We now look forward to the launch of the Party-branded integrated platform in the first half of 2006, when we will expand the number of games available to our customers"

Bingo and video poker and slot machines, yippy skippy. I hope the new games manage to bring new players in to play poker, rather than just siphoning off money from the fish.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant recall how the SportingBet offer fell thru...did Empire walk away from the offer or did Sporting cancel the bid?---

[/ QUOTE ]

it was ignored.

i am sure that the offer was meaningless, as empire was going to be a party aquisition at any cost (i.e. accepting a lower bid)

do you see why?