Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: AK play

I can't imagine anything higher then AQ and less then AT (possibly KdQd) unless he called your 4xBB pf raise with 35. I also would not discount JJ-QQ. With KK he would not limp UTG+2.
If he caught a second pair on the turn I would imagine a re-raise. If you were prepared to go all in on the river, why not push all your chips in on the turn?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: AK play

[ QUOTE ]
If you were prepared to go all in on the river, why not push all your chips in on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because online players will call off their whole stack spread over two streets, but not all at once.

However, I think that's a pretty big overbet on the flop. No better hand folds obviously, and you scare off a lot of the mediocre hands that would call a smaller bet. 88, A7, and a variety of hands will stick around if its not a HUGE bet. You don't have to give them odds, but lure them in a bit. The turn and river I'd just keep betting, slightly increasing, which might get me almost all in by the end. Just pay off A9 if he rivers two pair. The other 9/10 times you nearly double.

-Kings