Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2005, 12:00 AM

Default A way to end the Barron hubbub - A request to El Diablo

A line from one of El Diablo's responses to Barron:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only humourous thing here is watching you make such a f'in clown of yourself even after being given multiple opportunities to salvage some amount of dignity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[So I wrote this in replay to El's post. And it explains the reason for this post, in addition my original reply will not be buried in the other thread, which is tedious and long]

This is what happened [I should add that this is my theory]. Barron got someone to fold aces by rather bad play combined with some luck. His opponent, a fool, showed his hand before mucking, thus proving he was a very poor player to begin with. Barron then took this, and working backwards, with results orientated thinking and other poor poker reasoning wrote up an article. To give it some punch he added the quotes from Theory of Poker etc. on the header. Bingo – an ego inflated article that falls flat.

I'm starting to get pissed. And that's something for a stoic like me.

Here is what needs to be done, and you would be the best one to do it. Copy and paste Barron's article into Word. Go through the whole article paragraph by paragraph and put all your comments and questions in italics, interlaced with his original article. That way no doubt or questions can arise to every point made. No quibbling or underhanded tactics will be possible in a response. Make a few remarks about the poor construction of some of the sentences also. Just to add some fun to it.

Then repost it in this forum for all to see.

What I also find troubling is that my friend Andy Fox is having an article published in this magazine. And this oaf Barron is besmirching its reputation just before that happens. Andy can no doubt restore some of the luster but that is beside the point.

You have time for this El Diablo? I hope so.

-Zeno

PS I am also going to make the above as a separate post in this forum.